Madden 19

MacReady

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

But curl routes and out routes are not man beaters (in Madden), especially this year. I can beat Jalen Ramsey every single play with crossing routes with Breshad Perriman. Speed is still king. Slow WR's will not win in man coverage (such as Michael Crabtree) - but fast ones will.

Congrats!!

Crossing routes are typically slants.  We just said that slants beat man coverage.  Out routes and curl routes used to beat man coverage in older Madden games.  Out routes vs man was automatic in like every single Madden ever outside of this one.  It's still pretty automatic if you're against a bad CB.

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

all rb's accelerate slow af 

why they so bad at making it possible to run in this game 

Running the ball is not hard.  I played with Dalvin Cook last night in online ranked and averaged 6.3 yards per carry.

Just now, showtime said:

Crossing routes are typically slants.  We just said that slants beat man coverage.  Out routes and curl routes used to beat man coverage in older Madden games.  Out routes vs man was automatic in like every single Madden ever outside of this one.  It's still pretty automatic if you're against a bad CB.

Nah, not even slants - I'm talking deep crossing routes (like PA Post Shot out of Gun Trio/Trips TE). Jalen Ramsey's getting beat every time on those routes against anyone who's faster than he is.

Out routes this year depend on the WR and his route running, more than anything. And at least for last year the thing wasn't out routes, but those "speed" outs that are now fixed.

13 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

How so? I usually buy madden every 3-4 years. What's interesting?

New scheme system and getting players to fit in.  There's a bunch of info and videos out there on that because it's a brand new feature.  I honestly don't know much about it. 

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

New scheme system and getting players to fit in.  There's a bunch of info and videos out there on that because it's a brand new feature.  I honestly don't know much about it. 

Honestly the biggest upgrade this year was all the new sub positions, personally. However, it's led to me having to really tweak my understanding of the depth chart (which is a good thing!).

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Take your sweet f***ing time UPS

I preordered on Amazon to get that sweet $12 off and it's not going to arrive til the 15th :(

Last year was the first Madden I'd purchased in a couple of years, barely played it, but I think I'm more interested in the one this year due to what I've heard to be better improvements with the franchise mode, plus I gotta play with the new Titans uniforms.

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I preordered on Amazon to get that sweet $12 off and it's not going to arrive til the 15th :(

Last year was the first Madden I'd purchased in a couple of years, barely played it, but I think I'm more interested in the one this year due to what I've heard to be better improvements with the franchise mode, plus I gotta play with the new Titans uniforms.

I got an email saying I randomly got upgraded to release date delivery but idiot UPS hasn’t updated it’s tracking since my package got to Ohio so who knows wtf is going on. USPS would’ve gotten it to me by 10 am ?

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

I got an email saying I randomly got upgraded to release date delivery but idiot UPS hasn’t updated it’s tracking since my package got to Ohio so who knows wtf is going on. USPS would’ve gotten it to me by 10 am ?

This is why I'm typically a digital download guy with the vast majority of games I buy... Although I do need to get an external HDD for the PS4 asap as I'm at the point where I'll need to delete something to download something.

5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Last time that happened to me I called Amazon's customer service and complained a little. It says that when you pre-order you'll get the game the day it releases, or at least it use to. They offered/gave me a $50 credit to my account to make it up to me.

3 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

This is why I'm typically a digital download guy with the vast majority of games I buy... Although I do need to get an external HDD for the PS4 asap as I'm at the point where I'll need to delete something to download something.

If you have Prime, the only way to get the 20% off is via the physical copy. Which yeah, is a bit of a pain.

7 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:
5 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Last time that happened to me I called Amazon's customer service and complained a little. It says that when you pre-order you'll get the game the day it releases, or at least it use to. They offered/gave me a $50 credit to my account to make it up to me.

Granted I only preordered it 3 days ago, but it did warn me the Prime 2 day shipping would be on the 15th. Guess I probably should have preordered it earlier, but at the same time I wasn't doing it until I realized I could save a little by doing so.

Doubt I buy Madden 19, but I am interested to see what modders can do with it on the PC. If I do buy it, it'll probably be after it goes on sale on PC. apparently the game still has a lot of the same issues... Surprise surprise.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Doubt I buy Madden 19, but I am interested to see what modders can do with it on the PC. If I do buy it, it'll probably be after it goes on sale on PC. apparently the game still has a lot of the same issues... Surprise surprise.

I wonder if they could make a franchise system worth a damn. I would gladly buy it. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I wonder if they could make a franchise system worth a damn. I would gladly buy it. 

no doubt that they could improve certain things and add some cool smaller features, but they won't be able to fix things that are just blatantly missing from the game... Most notably, the fact that coaches don't really matter in franchise mode.

Archived