Civilization Mafia - GAME OVER - Barbarians win!

Whicker

5 hours ago, Whicker said:

All role PMs have gone out. Please PM me with any questions

The Ancient Era has begun

The following Wonders are available to build during the Ancient Era. Please send me a build request or no build PM before the day ends

The Hanging Gardens – Each night, choose one player. That player is protected from all killing actions. You may not target yourself.

The Pyramids – If you die, no information will be released with your death. You will become a tree stump and may continue posting in the main thread. You will be dead for all other purposes.

Mausoleum of Helicarnassus – Each day, you may send me one PM of any length that I will forward to any other player. That player will be allowed one PM in response.

Stonehenge – Each night, choose one player. If you are killed that night, that player's alignment and Wonder will be publicly revealed.

Statue of Zeus – Each night, choose one player. The first time a killing action targets you, it will be redirected to your target.

Let's talk this through:

First of all - I think there will be a lot of temptation to hold off and wait for better items, but I would argue that civs need to ALL go after these, and gain the powers, ESPECIALLY since there is a low risk of using these specific items wrong. We should use our power in numbers to keep the powers out of the mafia hands.

Specifically, lets go through each one.

• Hanging Gardens - This is going to be one that the mafia will want. It will certainly be more valuable for them than us, as they will know how to use it effectively, but I believe a civ NEEDS to try to take this to keep it out of mafia hands.
  • Pyramids - Honestly, I think civs need to ignore this one completely (as someone else suggested). It provides no benefit to the civs, and since it is a SELF-janitor rather than janitoring someone else, I don't see how it will cause chaos in the game if mafia gets it.
  • Mausoleum - I would ignore this one too. I just don't see a huge benefit to it.
  • Stonehenge - Someone should go for this, but we really don't need a whole mass of players going for it - as mafia will have zero interest in receiving this. It cannot be played incorrectly, and upon death it will either Red letter a player VIA HOST or it will clear a player VIA HOST. This is very valuable to have in the game.
  • Statue of Zeus - We need to go after this one in masses as well, again because we cannot allow mafia to get it. This essentially serves as both a bodyguard and a hit (although we won't know when the "hit" portion will actually come into play).

I'd suggest half of the civs go after Hanging Gardens, half of the civs go after Zeus, and 1 civ to go after Stonehenge. Ignore the Pyramids and Mausoleum.

That will leave about a dozen civs still open to go after future items.

Thoughts?

Just now, Ua said:

So would your last sentence be the down side of voting Art? We would be increasing the number of early era Wonders....which will likely go to civs....leaving the more powerful Wonders for the mafia. We will have to hope the early Wonders help us hunt down some scum 

Possibly.  Being as their are no investigations yet, scum is likely more inclined to sit back, let town mislynch, use their kill, and wait for better roles.

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Let's talk this through:

First of all - I think there will be a lot of temptation to hold off and wait for better items, but I would argue that civs need to ALL go after these, and gain the powers, ESPECIALLY since there is a low risk of using these specific items wrong. We should use our power in numbers to keep the powers out of the mafia hands.

• Hanging Gardens - This is going to be one that the mafia will want. It will certainly be more valuable for them than us, as they will know how to use it effectively, but I believe a civ NEEDS to try to take this to keep it out of mafia hands.
  • Pyramids - Honestly, I think civs need to ignore this one completely (as someone else suggested). It provides no benefit to the civs, and since it is a SELF-janitor rather than janitoring someone else, I don't see how it will cause chaos in the game if mafia gets it.
  • Mausoleum - I would ignore this one too. I just don't see a huge benefit to it.
  • Stonehenge - Someone should go for this, but we really don't need a whole mass of players going for it - as mafia will have zero interest in receiving this. It cannot be played incorrectly, and upon death it will either Red letter a player VIA HOST or it will clear a player VIA HOST. This is very valuable to have in the game.
  • Statue of Zeus - We need to go after this one in masses as well, again because we cannot allow mafia to get it. This essentially serves as both a bodyguard and a hit (although we won't know when the "hit" portion will actually come into play).

I'd suggest half of the civs go after Hanging Gardens, half of the civs go after Zeus, and 1 civ to go after Stonehenge. Ignore the Pyramids and Mausoleum.

Thoughts?

While this sounds good in theory, I don't think that dictating how people go for roles is necessarily good in general.  If we all agree to this, then scum knows the roles out there and what to watch for.  I think we know a host of people are going to go after certain roles like the gardens, but after that, keep scum in the dark.

On 2/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, Tk3 said:

Let's talk this through:

Thoughts?

Know how I know you are mafia? You spelled it out within your descriptions.

tk3 is mafia with Rags and Ruskie.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, Whicker said:

The Pyramids – If you die, no information will be released with your death. You will become a tree stump and may continue posting in the main thread. You will be dead for all other purposes.

Mausoleum of Helicarnassus – Each day, you may send me one PM of any length that I will forward to any other player. That player will be allowed one PM in response.

@Whicker Can you clarify - If a person is "dead for all other purposes", as I understand, their vote is no longer valid. However, are they still considered a 'player' in the game? In other words, could the Pyramids dude received PMs and respond to the Mausoleum dude?

On 2/13/2018 at 4:53 PM, Whicker said:

Current vote (Resolution 1)

1 Sciences – Dome
9 Arts – ET, Famous, Bcb, Bucs, LTBF, Ua, Rags, Raves, Gopher
5 None – Touch, Tk3, Mookie, Ruskie, Darth

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to pass a resolution via majority

Arts & Crafts

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

@Whicker Can you clarify - If a person is "dead for all other purposes", as I understand, their vote is no longer valid. However, are they still considered a 'player' in the game? In other words, could the Pyramids dude received PMs and respond to the Mausoleum dude?

They cannot vote nor be the target of any abilities.

Archived