Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't think the extension would be an issue, but I don't see any way in which we meet the asking price to be honest. But supposedly the interest is real - and not just from the clown known as JLC. If it were a first and an early / mid round, then maybe a I could see it. A 1 and a 2 or a 1 and a 3, but I don't know why the Giants would even entertain that. I wouldn't if I were them. There's absolutely no reason to sell low on him. 

That’s the point, the Giants don’t wanna get rid of him. Setting a price of at least two first rounders plus an extension is basically saying nobody is gonna give up that much. Like I’ve said before you the Giants aren’t THAT stupid to let him go period.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

They might as well just rename the Coach of the Year Award in McVay's honor right now. He's going to own that trophy for the next decade. xD

Doubtful. Even if he was the best coach in the league, COTY hardly ever goes to the actual best coach.

Usually goes to the newcomer/rebounder who coaches a playoff team. 

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Are the Browns really going to draft Josh Allen first overall? There's no way that's true.. right?

The rational fan in me says is all smoke and mirrors (check out Dorsey's KC tenure and rumors) for trying to leverage someone at the #4 spot.

The Cleveland fan in me ALWAYS expects the worst.

19 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Are you giving up two firsts and an extension?

Well, a team would be stupid to trade for him and not give him an extension. I'm guessing that would be worked out before making the trade official.

The Giants aren't getting two 1sts for him. They will likely settle for a 1st and a 3rd, especially if that 1st rounder is a top 10 pick. Who knows if they want to even trade him, but if they do then that type of compensation likely gets it done.

If the Browns could trade down from the 4th spot, they could easily make the best offer and still have a butt load of draft picks. Move down to like the 11-13 range, trade that 1st with one of their seconds and field out a lethal WR core. 

OBJ/Gordon/Landry? Dayum........

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

To what end, though, they have the first pick. Trying to get the Giants to move up for Darnold? Idk. This should be an exciting draft.

“There’s a lot of things I could do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said Thursday at the scouting combine. “My door is wide open if somebody wants to come up and talk to me about a trade, I’m willing to trade. But also I’m going to do what’s best for this organization.”

This is the only thing I can think of

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, a team would be stupid to trade for him and not give him an extension. I'm guessing that would be worked out before making the trade official.

The Giants aren't getting two 1sts for him. They will likely settle for a 1st and a 3rd, especially if that 1st rounder is a top 10 pick. Who knows if they want to even trade him, but if they do then that type of compensation likely gets it done.

If the Browns could trade down from the 4th spot, they could easily make the best offer and still have a butt load of draft picks. Move down to like the 11-13 range, trade that 1st with one of their seconds and field out a lethal WR core. 

OBJ/Gordon/Landry? Dayum........

If the Giants aren’t getting two firsts, then they aren’t listening to the offer. 1st and a 3rd? Lol. That ain’t happening. The point of the two firsts was to signal that they aren’t trading him because nobody is gonna give up that much for a WR then on top of that pay him. Brandin Cooks last year just went for a 1st and 3rd (albeit a low 1st). 

34 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

If the Giants aren’t getting two firsts, then they aren’t listening to the offer. 1st and a 3rd? Lol. That ain’t happening. The point of the two firsts was to signal that they aren’t trading him because nobody is gonna give up that much for a WR then on top of that pay him. Brandin Cooks last year just went for a 1st and 3rd (albeit a low 1st). 

Wow! I didn't know Dave Gettleman posted on FF!  /sarcasm

How do you know what they're listening to? You have literally no idea what the Giants are going to do. Nobody does.

Hence why I said they would settle for a 1st and 3rd if it is a top 10 pick or around there. A top 10 pick is equivalent of receiving two mid-late 1st rounders. 

The point of putting a heavy price tag initially was for negotiations. They could make it look like they are coming off their price of two first rounders and "settling" for a high 1st and a mid round pick. If they would have said we want a 1st and a 3rd, then teams would have started with less than that. So I don't put too much into them saying they two 1st rounders or bust. If they want to move him, he will be moved....and moved for less than two firsts. 

16 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wow! I didn't know Dave Gettleman posted on FF!  /sarcasm

How do you know what they're listening to? You have literally no idea what the Giants are going to do. Nobody does.

Sorry I forgot to put “IMO”. Goodness sake. Why do people like to be deliberately obtuse? Seriously?

50 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not accurate - he went for a first (pick 32), and a swap of picks in the low third and early fourth. NE sent their third rounder to the Saints (pick 103 I believe), and the Saints sent the Pats back their 4th round pick, #118. So he went for a late round first and a 15 pick drop in the 3rd/4th round. 

Archived