Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Hes the same idiot who thinks Sam Darnold is going to be better than Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, and Jared Goff. 

So im not surprised if hes just trolling here.

No one claims he is smart, but he is relaying what he is hearing which are just rumors and nothing else. Essentially, he is trolling whether be realizes it or not.

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Hes the same idiot who thinks Sam Darnold is going to be better than Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, and Jared Goff. 

I don't see what's wrong with that belief. It's not one I share, but I don't view it as particularly crazy. You're talking about a guy who's possibly going to be the #1 overall pick as well, so his prospect cache is in line with at least Goff and Wentz (hard to be in that same group as Luck as a prospect given the insane hype for the Stanford product). If he wants to be that bullish on Darnold, I don't see what the issue is. It's the draft, it's all about prognosticating the future. If people had said Wentz would have been better than Luck when Wentz was coming out, people would have derided that belief as well. I wouldn't take that stance just because it's really hard to be that good, but if he thinks it, I don't think that makes him an idiot in any way, shape or form. 

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Just how they draw it up.

Did he have a stroke? He didn't throw anything mildly resembling a block.

Well, yes, but, let's remember he was one of Jerry Reese's "athletic freaks"- he's huge- 6'6", 329. and has 35" arms! What matter if he has irreparable  technique, the footwork of a deep-sea diver, lunges and grabs, rather than using a hand punch?

The cool thing, of course, is that the Giants are moving Flower to RIGHT tackle this year, where he will never face any speed rushers (unless other teams realize he's now on the right), and his trifling flaws will cease to be a factor, because, YOU know, six-feet-six, three-hundred twenty-nine pounds!

Image result for ereck flowers

50 minutes ago, bzane said:

Well, yes, but, let's remember he was one of Jerry Reese's "athletic freaks"- he's huge- 6'6", 329. and has 35" arms! What matter if he has irreparable  technique, the footwork of a deep-sea diver, lunges and grabs, rather than using a hand punch?

The cool thing, of course, is that the Giants are moving Flower to RIGHT tackle this year, where he will never face any speed rushers (unless other teams realize he's now on the right), and his trifling flaws will cease to be a factor, because, YOU know, six-feet-six, three-hundred twenty-nine pounds!

Image result for ereck flowers

And don't forget how long his arms are!  That definitely means he'll be great at right tackle!

6 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I can't stop watching this clip of Flowers whiffing on 3 separate defenders, lol...

I'm pretty sure somebody convinced Flowers that they were playing tag instead of football that day. xD

3 hours ago, BAConrad said:

I'm not sure that qualifies him as an idiot. There were plenty of other people who felt that way coming into the season before Wentz and Goff broke out.

59 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm pretty sure somebody convinced Flowers that they were playing tag instead of football that day. xD

I'm not sure that qualifies him as an idiot. There were plenty of other people who felt that way coming into the season before Wentz and Goff broke out.

I should have mentioned what he said exactly about Darnold. IDR the exact words but he basically called him the greatest QB prospect hes ever seen.

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

I should have mentioned what he said exactly about Darnold. IDR the exact words but he basically called him the greatest QB prospect hes ever seen.

I don't see the issue with that.

7 hours ago, BAConrad said:

Excuse me, in his top 100 twice, he rated Darnold as the 7th best prospect in the draft, hardly a huge endorsement for him as a prospect and certainly not in the Luck, Goff, and Wentz  range???

If someone told me Darnold was going to be better than Andrew Luck I wouldn't say that's unreasonable, considering Andrew Luck is basically in the 6-10 range of QB's. Given the current crop of NFL QB's moving forward, it's not unreasonable to believe Darnold will be one of the best 10 QB's in the NFL.

Yeah, Darnold being better/equal to Wentz and Luck isn’t really an impossibility for me. Not close to a given or anything, but Darnold has the ability. I actually like Luck as a potential comp.

I'm skeptical of Darnold. Personally, I just have that weird feeling he's going to pseudo flop. It was the same feeling I had with Jay Cutler, for what that's worth to anyone. But I wouldn't say it is unreasonable to feel like Darnold is going to be better/equal to anyone really. There was a day, years ago, I was told I was nuts for thinking that the injury prone, smallish backup to Brett Favre was going to have a probably HOF career. So, I try not to judge too harshly when it comes to opinions. I've hit home runs on Cutler and Rodgers while totally whiffing on my projections for Bortles and Winston. 

Archived