Draft Rumor Mill - All Things Related

kgarrett12486

6 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I brought up weeks ago we should make a move for Chubb and I'm still on that train. Not the be all end all but it's something we should be looking into.

I wouldn't mine trading up for him, it's just how much would it cost to trade up? Our 3rd round? or next years 2nd?

2 minutes ago, xlfrosti said:

I wouldn't mine trading up for him, it's just how much would it cost to trade up? Our 3rd round? or next years 2nd?

That's the million dollar question. The highest I think we could get would be 4th overall. 5th would be better though. I'm guessing the Bills and Phins will be looking to move into the top five. Do either of those teams get all the way to NY pick? Value chart says we move the 7th and 39th for the 4th the Browns would "owe us" their third round pick. I'd do that straight up though. Chubb for our 1st and 2nd. Denver might have to toss something back like a 5th for our 1st and 2nd? Teams looking to Qbs blows the chart up though.

1 minute ago, deuces22wild said:

That's the million dollar question. The highest I think we could get would be 4th overall. 5th would be better though. I'm guessing the Bills and Phins will be looking to move into the top five. Do either of those teams get all the way to NY pick? Value chart says we move the 7th and 39th for the 4th the Browns would "owe us" their third round pick. I'd do that straight up though. Chubb for our 1st and 2nd. Denver might have to toss something back like a 5th for our 1st and 2nd? Teams looking to Qbs blows the chart up though.

I mean again I wouldn't mind trading up to 4 and give our 2nd, but we do have other needs that I'm not sure can be address with 2 - 3rd round picks. RB - OG - CB - S. This trade would give us that edge we need with Curry - Chubb - Spence - Gholston. It's just with the 2 3rd's we would need to get that RB and OG. 

How are the prospects for those positions in the 3rd? 

1 minute ago, xlfrosti said:

I mean again I wouldn't mind trading up to 4 and give our 2nd, but we do have other needs that I'm not sure can be address with 2 - 3rd round picks. RB - OG - CB - S. This trade would give us that edge we need with Curry - Chubb - Spence - Gholston. It's just with the 2 3rd's we would need to get that RB and OG. 

How are the prospects for those positions in the 3rd? 

We would be able to get a starting caliber Rb in the third round. Johnson, Freeman or Penny maybe.

Again I don't think it's Chubb or bust. I just think it fills a MASSIVE hole that we won't be able to get in FA and won't be able to draft seeing as we won't be drafting this high for another ten years.

3 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

We would be able to get a starting caliber Rb in the third round. Johnson, Freeman or Penny maybe.

Again I don't think it's Chubb or bust. I just think it fills a MASSIVE hole that we won't be able to get in FA and won't be able to draft seeing as we won't be drafting this high for another ten years.

I can see what you're saying. The other post about having Curry, Cubb, McCoy and others would be amazing! After looking at it I would love to grab Johnson.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Anyone else surprised how much of a cutting down media is giving Barkley.  Some are writing Guice is better.  Not prudent to take a top 10 pick on a RB.  What am I missing?  The guy is a home run hitter from anywhere on the field.

Your'e not missing anything. as @bucsfan333 alluded too, the draft process is too long and the media don't want to continue to harp on the same story lines...

So they find a 'source' from within an organization that gives them a 'hot take' on a player. Meanwhile, that 'source' is trying to knock a player up/down someone else's board through the media for their own teams gain...

Happens every year...

Barkley is hands down the best RB prospect in this class...

Bleacher Report's Brad Gagnon believes that Oregon's Royce Freeman could become the next Alvin Kamara or Kareem Hunt.

That's awfully high praise -- and maybe asking too much -- but Freeman has the talent to certainly be a contributor to an NFL offense. "...at the combine, no potential Day 2 running back posted a better time than Oregon product Royce Freeman (6.90 seconds)," writes Gagnon. "That alone isn't enough to make Freeman a draft dark horse, but it's icing on the cake for an underrated back who rushed for 1,300-plus yards in three of his four seasons in the Pac-12. " Teams will be concerned about his injuries in his junior and senior season, but he could pay big dividends to a team that takes him in round two or three.

I think he's going to be a RB we'll look at closely. He has the versatility to be an every down back and his ability to catch the ball only adds to that.

He'll be right in that range (2nd-3rd round) where I think we'll target a RB...

On 3/19/2018 at 9:16 AM, deuces22wild said:

His ability to get into the backfield at 270 lbs, his attitude, and versatility is exactly what this team needs.

Imagine going from Gholston and Ayers to Curry and Chubb . McCoy, Curry, Chubb, and Spence would be bonkers on third down.    

Chubb is an animal. He dominated that FSU game and instantly became a fan while watching. Plays the run well and he knows how to get after the QB. He is a Joey Bosa type DE prospect. We’re getting at least 8 sacks with him alone. I’d trade ONE additional day two pick and one day two pick for pick 5 but thats it. 

Chubb

and get a RB with the other pick... maybe Licht works a trade up into the third to get a player he wants. Chubb, McCoy, and Curry would allow us to drop 8 back to play coverage. Or we kick Curry inside and put Spence on the edge. DL would be filthy.

Archived