Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We just traded Danny Shelton.

Agreed. Would feel a waste of a pick to me. He is more athletic and offers more pass rush than Shelton, but flipping one NT for peanuts and spending a first on another doesn’t seem like the best idea.

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Which trade would you rather have?

a. Denver: 4 for 5 and 40

or

b. Buffalo: 4 for 12, 22 and 53

I have said all along that (a) is the best scenario for us. We stay as a top 5 pick and get a real game changer, the exact player we wanted all along and still pick up Denver's 2nd rounder. Game changers are what contenders want, not just decent starters and the 5th picks should get us one. 

I believe Barkley is still in play along with Ward and Chubb and I will be happy with any of them. Barkley can carry this team till Darnold is ready to assume control and take a lot of the pressure off our QBing and set us up to be a special offense down the road. Either ward or Chubb will significantly improve our defense, so either way, we come out winners.

We will just us Buffalo as leverage to force Denver into giving us their 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd rounder!!! 

Pencil an OT into your mocks. And you can probably keep Nelson out of them.

“Let’s see what happens,” he said. “I’ve always thought you have to acquire an offensive lineman every year. This year will be no different.”

Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson is widely regarded as the best offensive lineman in this year’s class, and some analysts believe he could play tackle. “No, he’s a guard,” Dorsey said, adding Nelson is a really good one.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Pencil an OT into your mocks. And you can probably keep Nelson out of them.

“Let’s see what happens,” he said. “I’ve always thought you have to acquire an offensive lineman every year. This year will be no different.”

Notre Dame guard Quenton Nelson is widely regarded as the best offensive lineman in this year’s class, and some analysts believe he could play tackle. “No, he’s a guard,” Dorsey said, adding Nelson is a really good one.

Drafting a left guard in the top15 might be one of the dumbest things to do, even if its a guy like Nelson. Dude is a complete stud, ill give him that but plays prolly the easiest position in all of football out of the starting 22. I much rather take the LT from ND instead of the LG

On 3/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, AkronsWitness said:

I feel it, but its not like Hyde is some all world RB. He is a slight improvement over Crowell but he is also injury prone. The Browns will have either Chubb/Barkley sitting at 4 and with everybody saying that Barkley is the best overall player in this draft, how do you not take the best overall player at #4. I dont think Hyde makes you not upgrade the position.

Its like CB. Just because we signed Carrie/Mitchell/Gaines/Randall if needed, it doesnt mean they wont grab Ward/Fitzpatrick

Hyde averages about 65 rushing yards per game and has only played 1 full season in 4 years. I dont think that screams pass over the best player in the draft because your good now with Hyde lol I would only draft Barkley if Chubb is gone of course though.

I don't think Hyde was signed to be our #1. I think Duke actually becomes more of a featured back this year. His size is similar to McCoy, Freeman, Hunt, Kamara, etc. I could see us running something similar offensively to what the Saints ran last year. I think we go RB, but it will be more of a value spot. Like say late 2nd a guy like Chubb or Michel is still there, us going and getting that guy wouldn't surprise me. 

11 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't think Hyde was signed to be our #1. I think Duke actually becomes more of a featured back this year. His size is similar to McCoy, Freeman, Hunt, Kamara, etc. I could see us running something similar offensively to what the Saints ran last year. I think we go RB, but it will be more of a value spot. Like say late 2nd a guy like Chubb or Michel is still there, us going and getting that guy wouldn't surprise me. 

That could be true, but my worry is that Hue hasnt exactly endorsed Duke as a between the tackles runner. He seems to love him running routes more than actually taking handoffs. That could change though.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

That could be true, but my worry is that Hue hasnt exactly endorsed Duke as a between the tackles runner. He seems to love him running routes more than actually taking handoffs. That could change though.

could have been by design though. If i was running a team as bad as we were, with a RB that showed as much promise as Duke, I'd probably avoid running him much in the terrible season and keep him healthy for when we build the core of the team up.

15 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

could have been by design though. If i was running a team as bad as we were, with a RB that showed as much promise as Duke, I'd probably avoid running him much in the terrible season and keep him healthy for when we build the core of the team up.

Seems that you are giving Hueball too much credit.

He didn't run Duke for the same reason he didn't run Crowell or anyone else.

For some inexplicable reason he thought running vertical route passing plays was the best way to win.

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Nah Duke be waving too much to have someone spell him 

I dont think hes a pro workhorse and thats ok 

Give me Chubb in the at 64 and I'm fine 

Archived