Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The more you say it, the less sure you sound there, buddy ?.

Nah man I’m sure the day he declared it was sealed 

everybody is doubting me because of the Kizer pick

but at the end of the day I called it right 

I’m calling this one right it’s Darnold and probably a trade down from 4

28 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Nah man I’m sure the day he declared it was sealed 

everybody is doubting me because of the Kizer pick

but at the end of the day I called it right 

I’m calling this one right it’s Darnold and probably a trade down from 4

You called it right? I thought you called Kizer being better than an abortion.

Nobody is really doubting you. It's not exactly a hot take to say Darnold is going #1.

Why do all of your posts structured like poetic stanzas?

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You called it right? I thought you called Kizer being better than an abortion.

Nobody is really doubting you. It's not exactly a hot take to say Darnold is going #1.

Why do all of your posts structured like poetic stanzas?

Lol packers saw something enough in him to trade a top 2 corner on their team for him Jury is still out he’s younger than Mayfield 

and they’re not doubting me they’re doubting the fact it’s going to happen when I’m reality it’s already happened 

and it’s easier for people to get my points as opposed to paragraphs 

I’m not trying to write a thesis ?

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

@brownie man the Packers might have seen enough in him to make that trade, but everyone that had to watch him play this season saw enough of him to last us a lifetime. It's perfectly fine to hop off of a bandwagon that is up in flames.

There’s a reason why Kizer got us a quality player 

and Kessler got us a pick that doesn’t exist yet

We’ll see what happens no excuses now he’s in GB he’ll have his opportunity 

again my thing last year was he was my number 1 QB in that draft 

Trubisky wasn’t even allowed to throw

Mahomes played won meaningless game

Watson was on the best team and didn’t last half a season 

Jury is still out when you look at him compared to the 2017 class 

Goff looked terrible in 2016

we’ll see what happens it’ll be a few years 

but Packers see something and they’re pretty damn good 

The guy I want in the 7th round is Demario Richards RB Arizona State.

He posted really bad underwear athleticism testing numbers at the combine for a RB (4.70 40 yard dash, 29.5 vertical...other numbers were pedestrian as well), but his tape shows tremendous awareness, quickness, burst, power, contact balance, vision, and relentless running style.

I think he'd beat out Matt Dayes in a RB competition.

The only RB I  want in this draft is 1 that may fall to the 2nd round (Derrius Guice) or 2 that may fall to round 6 and beyond (Demario Richards or Mark Walton).

I've watched 30 RBs in this class and while I like types like Sony Michel, Ronald Jones, and Rashad Penny (Penny would be RB1 if his blocking wasn't so trash)...I don't see them making an impact beyond that of Carlos Hyde or Duke Johnson and thus would not warrant spending a 2nd or 1st round pick on them when other talents at other critical positions would provide better impact value.

I'd rather have Denzel Ward or Bradley Chubb over Saquon Barkley.

So, my targeted RB rankings are set at 3 players.

1. Derrius Guice RB LSU (Early 2nd Round Target)

2. Mark Walton RB Miami (5th-7th Round Target)

3. Demario Richards RB Arizona State (7th Round or UFA Target)

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

@brownie man the Packers might have seen enough in him to make that trade, but everyone that had to watch him play this season saw enough of him to last us a lifetime. It's perfectly fine to hop off of a bandwagon that is up in flames.

Let's not pretend like the Browns (Hue Jackson in particular) didn't do him any favors.  Coming out of Notre Dame, he was a year away from being a year away and they immediately threw him into the fire.  And then they kept pulling him out of the lineup and throwing him back in there, and the whole situation was screwed up.  He should have been the #3 QB the entire year, but the 2017 Browns were a dumpster fire at the QB position.  It really was no wonder that Kizer struggled as a rookie.

57 minutes ago, brownie man said:

There’s a reason why Kizer got us a quality player

I'd be leery about counting your chickens before they hatch.  He really only had a half of season of quality play, and his play early on in the season was bad enough for them to bench him.  He's talented, but he's a nutcase.

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Did you just ignore Stafford's junior year for kicks and giggles? Or that he was throwing against SEC defenses at the height of the SEC's defensive wizardry?

If Stafford had the same year his junior season as his sophomore, he probably isn't the #1 pick. And Allen's last year was WORSE than Stafford's sophomore year, let alone his junior year.

I didn’t ignore his junior year. As a matter of fact that’s the year he had the greatest wide receiver in Georgia football history.

Archived