Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can’t lie I just watched some of Guice’s highlights the other night. After I finished I was thinking the same thing, what makes Barkley head and shoulders above him?  Don’t get me wrong I think Barkley should go over him but I think Guice will be really good in his own right. Heck for that matter I think there will be many good backs coming out of this draft. 

Side note: if they were in the same draft I’d take Elliott over Barkley. Yeah I will probably be called a homer, but whatever 9_9

I would too, he’s money between the tackles.

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fun idea thrown around for you guys and the Cardinals today on GMFB: David Johnson and #47 from Arizona to Cleveland for #4

Yes or no, Browns fans?

Heeeeeeells naw.

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Fun idea thrown around for you guys and the Cardinals today on GMFB: David Johnson and #47 from Arizona to Cleveland for #4

Yes or no, Browns fans?

Lol wut?

I wouldn’t take Johnson and 15, let alone 47, that’s crazy talk.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol wut?

I wouldn’t take Johnson and 15, let alone 47, that’s crazy talk.

Mostly because this is his last year under contract. If I had him cheap for even two more years I would consider 15 and Johnson for 4. But not with only one year on the contract before he gets paid.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Mostly because this is his last year under contract. If I had him cheap for even two more years I would consider 15 and Johnson for 4. But not with only one year on the contract before he gets paid.

I wouldn’t consider him with 15 and 47 tbh.

How do we know he’s not some “one hit wonder”? He’s had one year of high level productivity and is already 26 (not young for a back).

His value is minimal imo, especially when his contract status is taken into account.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How do we know he’s not some “one hit wonder”? He’s had one year of high level productivity and is already 26 (not young for a back).

His value is minimal imo, especially when his contract status is taken into account.

6a00d83451bab869e2017ee6eb811b970d-400wi

And the fact that he's coming off a big injury...

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well we've all seen him play, he isn't likely a one year wonder. Age is a small concern and his contract is a big concern. I still feel comfortable that he is a top 3 RB in the NFL. I don't want to trade a high pick for 1 year of service or for the right to sign him to a huge free agent deal. Still, if healthy he is a really good, complete back. Don't really envy the situation that the Steelers are in with Bell currently though which could be us if we did trade for Johnson.

44 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we've all seen him play, he isn't likely a one year wonder. Age is a small concern and his contract is a big concern. I still feel comfortable that he is a top 3 RB in the NFL. I don't want to trade a high pick for 1 year of service or for the right to sign him to a huge free agent deal. Still, if healthy he is a really good, complete back. Don't really envy the situation that the Steelers are in with Bell currently though which could be us if we did trade for Johnson.

He was great no doubt, but that’s kinda how every one hit wonder looked when you looked at the one hit. If all you saw was the one year here where Peyton Hillis looked like a monster you might think the same thing.

I’m not saying he is or isn’t, just that there isn’t 2,3,4 years worth of evidence that he is.

I’d put his value, straight up in a trade, for *us* somewhere around pick 64, JMO. That doesn’t move the needle much when talking about a 4th overall pick.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes or no, Browns fans?

As you may have guessed from other replies, its not THAT fun of an idea.  :-)

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was great no doubt, but that’s kinda how every one hit wonder looked when you looked at the one hit. If all you saw was the one year here where Peyton Hillis looked like a monster you might think the same thing.

I’m not saying he is or isn’t, just that there isn’t 2,3,4 years worth of evidence that he is.

I’d put his value, straight up in a trade, for *us* somewhere around pick 64, JMO. That doesn’t move the needle much when talking about a 4th overall pick.

If we could ignore the contract I'd say he was worth a top 10 pick. He isn't a one trick pony like a lot of the one year wonders. He is Duke Johnson on steroids. That is assuming that Duke isn't on steroids.

I don't like trading for expiring contracts though so my offer would be similar to yours. If he had 4 years and 28 million left on his contract I'd offer much more. Maybe not the top 10 that his ability is worth because of his age and coming off of an injury but I'd give up a mid 1st to early 2nd. I wouldn't give that up to sign him to a 4 year 52 million dollar deal though.

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Yes or no, Browns fans?

no, that is just terrible value. 

Maybe give pick 35 for him.

Archived