Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Peep the link below for pics of Saquon spotted at a Barber shop in PA rockin Giants gear! Hmmm....Leverage for a trade down or a done deal?

https://t.co/zenQt8dkiR

Please! Please take Barkley at 2, and save us from ourselves! No temptation, just run the B. Chubb card up to the podium. And maybe the N. Chubb card up the next day.

Charlie Casserly polled 24 NFL Team Execs regarding how they ranked the Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, and Allen

in terms of first place votes, Darnold received 17 first place votes, Mayfied 3, Rosen 2, and Allen 2.

Thus, there are teams out there that have all 4 ranked as the top QB.

Then, Casserly has a point system whereby a QB receives 4pts for a 1st place vote, 3pts for a 2nd place vote, 2pts for a 3rd place vote, and 1 point for a 4th place vote.

After adding up the points,

1. Darnold totaled 87 points

2. Allen totaled 61 points

3. Mayfield totaled 46 points

4. Rosen totaled 45 points...

---------------------------

The segment begins somewhere around the 20 minute mark on this video

How can one watch the film and not the stats and think Baker, Rosen, or Allen is better than Darnold... madness.. I'll never understand it

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Charlie Casserly polled 24 NFL Team Execs regarding how they ranked the Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, and Allen

in terms of first place votes, Darnold received 17 first place votes, Mayfied 3, Rosen 2, and Allen 2.

Thus, there are teams out there that have all 4 ranked as the top QB.

Then, Casserly has a point system whereby a QB receives 4pts for a 1st place vote, 3pts for a 2nd place vote, 2pts for a 3rd place vote, and 1 point for a 4th place vote.

After adding up the points,

1. Darnold totaled 87 points

2. Allen totaled 61 points

3. Mayfield totaled 46 points

4. Rosen totaled 45 points...

---------------------------

The segment begins somewhere around the 20 minute mark on this video

How can one watch the film and not the stats and think Baker, Rosen, or Allen is better than Darnold... madness.. I'll never understand it

First sensible thing I’ve seen you write. Amen.

8 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

He might as well have said, " I know something you don't know, and I'm not telling." Screw you, Mike Silver! Go drown, I mean jump, not drown, go jump in the lake with Hue! 

Yeah I thought the same thing at first. But I’m hoping this is more of a confirmation that Dorsey told hue to shut the ef up. 

7 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Please! Please take Barkley at 2, and save us from ourselves! No temptation, just run the B. Chubb card up to the podium. And maybe the N. Chubb card up the next day.

I completely agree. If we stay at #4, which isn't necessarily my preference, I want us to draft Bradley Chubb. My hope is we draft Baker Mayfield or Sam Darnold, New York drafts Saquon Barkley, the Jets take Josh Allen, and then Buffalo offers us their two first round picks plus a little more to move up and nab their QB. My desired draft for us is:

1. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma (I would be ok with Darnold or Rosen as well)

12. Harold Landry, DE Boston College

22. Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame

33. Maurice Hurst, DT Michigan

35. Josh Jackson, CB Iowa

64. Rashaad Penny, RB San Diego St. (I also like Nick Chubb, Ronald Jones II, etc.)

15 hours ago, Mind Character said:

And you probably don't watch game film beyond 5 minute highlight tapes on youtube and probably don't have any experience with scouting winning play traits of real football players..

Any real respected football scouting mind will tell you that Mike Hughes has the best film out of any CB in this year's class; however, most think Denzel Ward is the best CB due to the upside in his supreme athleticism and quick twitch athleticism.

There is not a quick burst, and elusive route running WR in the draft as good as DJ Moore... he's special. His highlights don't say that but his play over 10 games watched does.

I’m not going to accept your opinion as fact just because you are insistent on it and feel the need to talk down to those that don’t agree with you. We all, analysts included, form our own opinions or evals. You’ve been big on Moore and Hughes as tier one guys. You would not be in the majority necessarily. I like both guys but don’t see either as elite. Moore is either a WR2, or more likely, a slot guy. We just invested $75 million in a slot WR. I’ll take a hard pass on taking a guy like that early. Again, that’s my eval (not based on YouTube actually), but you’re free to disagree. 

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not going to accept your opinion as fact just because you are insistent on it and feel the need to talk down to those that don’t agree with you. We all, analysts included, form our own opinions or evals. You’ve been big on Moore and Hughes as tier one guys. You would not be in the majority necessarily. I like both guys but don’t see either as elite. Moore is either a WR2, or more likely, a slot guy. We just invested $75 million in a slot WR. I’ll take a hard pass on taking a guy like that early. Again, that’s my eval (not based on YouTube actually), but you’re free to disagree. 

I don't need you to accept anything I say... I just expect whenever someone disagrees to at least give some reasoning as it's funny how you quote someone's analysis just to basically say "You're wrong..." or "Your opinion is totally flawed"...that's all... without ever providing your own analysis of players or why you believe anything you believe.

If you're not going to do that, what is the point of you quoting a person's opinion? I'd love to hear your reasoning as maybe I'm missing something or can learn something from someone else's opinion.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@Mind Character you’re making a huge mistake calling out @NateDawg, who is easily one of the best posters on this entire site and has been since the beginning.

I like you man but you need to grow up in that regard when people kindly and politely disagree with you on your prospects and say you overvalue a guy or two.

You always are rushing to someone's defense whenever I go at some other poster in sports banter competitive defense... here you go getting triggered on one of your "Mind Character don't talk about that veteran poster like that you're nothing to us...they're everything to us..."

People are having debates about stuff... it's fun to go back and forth... why are you always so sensitive man... this is sports talk and banter

If I post an opinion/personal analysis and some just quotes me saying "This is way off...you're so wrong" @MWil23 and offers no insight into why I'm wrong or why they have a different opinion... I'm going to come back at them with a "What substance do you have, why just say I'm wrong...why are you quoting me to say I'm wrong if you don't have the decency to offer your reasons why, offer your opinion at least" post...

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

You always are rushing to someone's defense whenever I go at some other poster in defense... here you go getting triggered on one of your "Mind Character don't talk about that veteran poster like that you're nothing to us...they're everything to us..."

People are having debates about stuff... it's fun to go back and forth... why are you always so sensitive man... this is sports talk and banter

Eh, you’re being a bit of a ball bag here.

If you actually knew anything more than the rest of us you’d have a job with a team, not a hobby of posting online. 

Not everyone here is going to post a synopsis that rivals War and Peace for every debate, no need to be a snarky putz about it.

We still love you though.

Archived