Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

10 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Because of the probability of Buffalo not being good this year, I can't see them giving a package like that.  If we are going to get their 2019 1st in a deal, I don't see them adding much on top of pick 12 and the future 1st.  A 2nd perhaps.  

I think 12/22 and future 1st is wishful thinking.  12/22 and both 2nds this year is more likely IMO cause they know their pick has a chance to be very high.

Idk to move up into the top4 to get the last promising QB, they will have to over pay because they have no leverage

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:
Unless it’s Darnold at 1 to the Giants and Allen at 2 to the Browns...

in which case, i’d be done.

Ooooor Allen has been a smokescreen all along to keep anyone else from worrying too much about moving up to #2, as we tell everyone and their mom that they can move up to #4 for any non-Allen/Mayfield QB (us and Jets). But then, we get NYG to move up to #1, give us their first next year and change, for Darnold. Who we never had at the top of our board anyway, and we take Rosen/Mayfield at #2.

Yeah, probably not. It's just silly season. Until something is confirmed, we ignore.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Ooooor Allen has been a smokescreen all along to keep anyone else from worrying too much about moving up to #2, as we tell everyone and their mom that they can move up to #4 for any non-Allen/Mayfield QB (us and Jets). But then, we get NYG to move up to #1, give us their first next year and change, for Darnold. Who we never had at the top of our board anyway, and we take Rosen/Mayfield at #2.

Yeah, probably not. It's just silly season. Until something is confirmed, we ignore.

Actually that’s more plausible than mine.

If Dorsey really loved Mayfield all along, that’s it. Swap picks with the Giants and let them get Darnold. Browns take Mayfield.

God I would hate it more than any move I’ve ever seen the Browns make, but it is what it is at this point. I’m practically prepared for it now and have been for a while.

13 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Actually that’s more plausible than mine.

If Dorsey really loved Mayfield all along, that’s it. Swap picks with the Giants and let them get Darnold. Browns take Mayfield.

God I would hate it more than any move I’ve ever seen the Browns make, but it is what it is at this point. I’m practically prepared for it now and have been for a while.

Mayfield will be a good pro, I'd bet on it. Feel the same about Rosen, just not quite as certain. Darnold will at worst be decent. Any of the three should get us excited. It isn't like any are a Weeden type pick who was picked 2 rounds too early. Allen being the pick is probably a round too early.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Mayfield will be a good pro, I'd bet on it. Feel the same about Rosen, just not quite as certain. Darnold will at worst be decent. Any of the three should get us excited. It isn't like any are a Weeden type pick who was picked 2 rounds too early. Allen being the pick is probably a round too early.

It’s only opinions at this point, isn’t it?

None of us can state anything with certainty. Everyone knows I love Darnold but he could be bad. They all could.

Unfortunately for me because I’ve got a feeling we are going to take him, I think Mayfield won’t be good. So that sucks. I’ll jump on board by the time I see him in the jersey and talking about his passion for Cleveland I’m sure.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Who is this guy?

A man after my own heart is who that is. I'd want to move back to 12  and have NYG move back to 4. I don't want them getting the majority of the tradeback value.

Maybe...

CLE gets 2, 12, 22, 56, 65, 2019 1st (BUF), 2020 1st (BUF)

BUF gets 1, 2019 3rd (NE), 2020 3rd (CLE)

NYG gets 4, 35, 64, 175

man we are not drafting Josh Allen lol 

trades that actually happen no one sees coming

no one saw Jets trading up 

everybody is talking about Odell then Cooks is the one traded for 

the media can only speculate

last big trade media forecasted was RG3

18 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Who is this guy?

A 3 team trade where we move down to pick 2 and pick up what exactly?  Not happening.

Would make more sense for the Bills to get pick 2, Giants pick 4, and Browns pick 12

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Just take Sam and be done with it. 

It’s the Cleveland Browns. It can’t be that easy. We will give up Sam Darnold and draft either “The World’s Strongest Inaccurate Arm” or a 6ft system guy who got arrested for running from the police.

BPA mock after three-way trade

2. Baker or Rosen

12. Landry v2.0

22. Josh Jackson

33. Courtland Sutton

56. Frank Ragnow/Billy Price/Isaiah Wynn/James Daniels--one top center falls.

65. Rasheem Green/RJ McIntosh/Nathan Shepherd--one DT falls.

114. Orlando Brown/Joe NOTEBOOM/Geron Christian

151. Mark Walton

188. Jalyn Holmes/Ade Aruna

41 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

It’s the Cleveland Browns. It can’t be that easy. We will give up Sam Darnold and draft either “The World’s Strongest Inaccurate Arm” or a 6ft system guy who got arrested for running from the police.

remember when everyone started saying that the browns were thinking themselves out of garrett and then on draft day in texas he removed his shirt and the browns shirt was on there

i gotta think this is the same situation.  unless im completely wrong lol

Archived