Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

35 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s the comp I keep coming back to with Mayfield also. I think a little bit stronger armed Garcia is perfect. We’ll get flack for that I’m sure but Garcia at his peak was pretty good. Btw I’m not talking Browns Garcia. 

IF his comp is Jeff Garcia then no thank you. 

7 hours ago, BaYArEa32 said:

So not a big poster here long time Browns fan. Heres my thing with draft and I guess you can say what I hope we do? As for QB I am ok with any of the top 4 that the current front office views as their guy. Yes Josh Allen looks like he can be Jamarcus Russell 2.0 but he has highest cieling of any QB in this draft but clearly the lowest floor of (top qbs). I'll be honest I was really down on Darnold after reading he said lost his confidence during his last season at USC followed by not throwing at combine. To me that said he didn't wanna compete side by side with others and he's mentally weak biy after a lot of reading and others views on here I'm opening up on him. He's young but my view is he has 2nd highest ceiling only behind Allen imo but I also think he has the 2nd highest floor only behind Rosen imo. So to me Darnold should be the pick at 1. As for 4 if I was picking and no trade was available if both Barkley and Chubb were available I would take Barkley for the peer fact I believe he would help Darnold more then the defensive guy could. I think Chubb is a bit overrated with things I've read recently saying he's better the Garrett coming out. But if garrett were to stay healthy and we took Chubb he could potentially be a 9-12 sack guy for the fact Garrett is gonna draw the extra blocker most of the time. Either way I'm excited and scared to death of draft day. Bay Area guy says go dawg pound. Love all you guys on the site 

What is it about Allen, aside from a rocket arm, that gives him the highest ceiling? When you're lacking consistent accuracy, vision, ability to read a defense and go through progressions, that should lower your ceiling, no?

I agree with your feelings on Chubb, though.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Assuming that we don't get Barkley at #4, I'd really like Guice, and if not him, then Penny. I don't love Ronald Jones as I think that he's very comparable to Duke Johnson, and I'm not sold on John Kelly for a variety of reasons. If we go with a mid-round guy, then I like Nick Chubb. Sony Michele is an intriguing guy who is explosive and a nice dual threat RB, but he does have some fumbling concerns.

Whatch Mark Walton Miami and Kelon Ballage Arizona St. heard a lot about them 

55 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I completely disagree with this. He’s easily a 10+ sack a year guy. Although I think Bosa is a better player Chubb is not far behind him. 

I agree 100% ppl are really underrating him. He’s not this spectacle or freak at DE but the dude is a flat out football player. He’s up there with Bosa 

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I agree with you. I think you might have misread my initial post where I was being sarcastic about Mayfield being the perfect player. I don't like him. I don't think he'll be good.

I'm all-in on Darnold for many of the reasons you state. And also Rosen. If we drafted him, I'd be ecstatic. I'd be worried about the durability and how much he'll invest into the game, but from a talent perspective, those are the two QBs I would be happy with.

Anyone else and I'd be gutted, believing we've just drafted the next bust QB for the Browns. I'd learn to get on board but can't pretend that wouldn't be my initial feelings.

If we take Rosen. We need a new coach period. I don’t think Hue can hang with Rosen intellectually. Someone like harbough, deflippo, bill, or Sean Peyton would work but not Hue 

4 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

He’s bigger. Faster. Stronger. Just as durable. I’d say better arm.

He is taller, Baker has a thicker frame, don't know if he is faster, Baker had a slightly faster 40 time iirc and appears quicker, don't know how you judge strength just guessing I imagine and Baker had the 2nd best (tie) velocity all time (behind Allen) at the combine.  I think their attributes are pretty close.

57 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I agree 100% ppl are really underrating him. He’s not this spectacle or freak at DE but the dude is a flat out football player. He’s up there with Bosa 

He's not Bosa. He has top notch technique and IQ, but he's not going to flourish much more than he already has IMO. He's not a guy that's going to blow opposing linemen away. He can wear them down and get a sack here or there, but he's not elite.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s the comp I keep coming back to with Mayfield also. I think a little bit stronger armed Garcia is perfect. We’ll get flack for that I’m sure but Garcia at his peak was pretty good. Btw I’m not talking Browns Garcia. 

Height is about the same. Baker is much thicker and Garcia was probably a lot faster or at least a lot quicker with much better scrambling ability. Their throwing style is completely different, Garcia was closer to Darnold in that regard Baker's throwing motion is more compact. Baker is more like Kirk Cousins and probably a pretty good comp for him.

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My main reason for loving Chubb also comes from if you dont take him, the pass rushers in this draft dry up really really quick. 

This is definitely true. It's basically him and Landry at the top for me and everyone after them is meh. 

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Garcia in his prime was pretty damned good.

And I’ll never criticize the guy....

4924aa16770c19e5b91c3dcb9cf54624.jpg

damn homie...

Holy smokes. That's one of the hottest lady folks I've ever seen. Even better that she improves download speeds.

7 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll burn this forum to the ground.

Let me provide the fuel.

Sack, batted ball coz he’s only 5’9, inaccurate pass, late pass over the middle. Welcome to the nfl Baker, this ain’t Oklahoma football

you’re welcome ? 

Some people just want to watch the world burn, and right now I’m one of them.

(can’t lie that chrome face mask is SWEET though)

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Let me provide the fuel.

Sack, batted ball coz he’s only 5’9, inaccurate pass, late pass over the middle. Welcome to the nfl Baker, this ain’t Oklahoma football

you’re welcome ? 

Some people just want to watch the world burn, and right now I’m one of them.

(can’t lie that chrome face mask is SWEET though)

It always starts with the sweet chrome face mask. Welcome aboard. Better late than never.

Archived