AAA's Mock Offseason

AnAngryAmerican

On 2/20/2018 at 1:04 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

I just went on what I could generally find as consensus rankings around the web. I looked at where the prospects were ranked and where our mocked picks were, considered team needs, read some scouting reports and made my picks. I'm sure there's a lot to quibble with here but, like I said, I was bored. 

Yeah, it's probably nitpicky on my end. Like I said. I would be stoked if this came to fruition.

6 minutes ago, champ11 said:

pretty decent chance Michel has a better career than Barkley tbh

I've watched Michel in the BCS playoffs and like what I saw, but would anyone like to break down Barkley vs Michel?  Haven't watched much of either and was just curious why one is top 3 and the other is end of first

13 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I've watched Michel in the BCS playoffs and like what I saw, but would anyone like to break down Barkley vs Michel?  Haven't watched much of either and was just curious why one is top 3 and the other is end of first

I've seen a couple times that Michel might be better at breaking through contact and more physical. I'm not a college FB guy though, so yeah not really sure. 

Michel could be a first round pick based on the Kamara hype train. That said, I don't know that he's a better prospect than Saquon, although he could be if he's on the right team. But Kamara is an anomaly, not every RB with hands is going to be like him.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

QB Kirk Cousins: 6 years, $180m, $100m guaranteed. I stole this contract from ESPN's Bill Barnwell here. ($24.15m)

That is insane for an above average system QB. I don't understand why the Broncos would entertain this with a top 5 draft pick and a good QB group. Committ to the rebuild vs. the reload

The defenses window is almost closed, if it's not already and Cousins at that price could set them back for future years.

Also.. 

• TE Crockett Gillmore

He's bulking up and switching to Oline per reports. Been working the offseason with LaCharles Bentley to make the transition. 

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

That is insane for an above average system QB. I don't understand why the Broncos would entertain this with a top 5 draft pick and a good QB group. Committ to the rebuild vs. the reload

The defenses window is almost closed, if it's not already and Cousins at that price could set them back for future years.

Also.. 

• TE Crockett Gillmore

He's bulking up and switching to Oline per reports. Been working the offseason with LaCharles Bentley to make the transition. 

I disagree about rebuilding Ill agree they have too accumulate good drafts and free agency periods. But, they can still compete for the playoffs as soon as they get a coach in here.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it but you missed a couple of moves :

1 I think we could trade Siemen for a late round pick, (7th rder)  he'll be a quality backup for some team

2. AAA is hired as 1st assistant to VP Gary Kubiack (Very well thought out plan !! )

Archived