The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

Yesterday on Sirius XM Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller answered a call from some Bills fans saying they should sign Manziel. 

Kirwin obviously shot the idea down and talked about how well he knows Sean McDermott and what he learned from his at last years training camp. Basically Kirwin went on to say (what most if not all of us already know about McD) that the Bills want guys who love football and other then family it is what they put first. He also said in regards to the QB position, everything they have said points towards a pocket passer. He cited bringing in Daboll was to try and emulate the Patriots offense under Brady. That`s why he drafted Peterman, that is why they shipped out Cardale Jones and thats why Tyrod was not their long term answer. 

He didn`t come right out and say it, but I sure got the feeling Pat Kirwin believes Josh Rosen is the Bills choice which should be music to most of our ears. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yesterday on Sirius XM Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller answered a call from some Bills fans saying they should sign Manziel. 

Kirwin obviously shot the idea down and talked about how well he knows Sean McDermott and what he learned from his at last years training camp. Basically Kirwin went on to say (what most if not all of us already know about McD) that the Bills want guys who love football and other then family it is what they put first. He also said in regards to the QB position, everything they have said points towards a pocket passer. He cited bringing in Daboll was to try and emulate the Patriots offense under Brady. That`s why he drafted Peterman, that is why they shipped out Cardale Jones and thats why Tyrod was not their long term answer. 

He didn`t come right out and say it, but I sure got the feeling Pat Kirwin believes Josh Rosen is the Bills choice which should be music to most of our ears. 

I am prepared to be EJ Manuel levels of pissed on Thursday, just so you guys are ready for that.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I am prepared to be EJ Manuel levels of pissed on Thursday, just so you guys are ready for that.

Not sure why you would be pissed the bills need a qb and the top 3 darnold/rosen/mayfield are much better prospects then ej would ever be

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure why you would be pissed the bills need a qb and the top 3 darnold/rosen/mayfield are much better prospects then ej would ever be

Because we are going to take Josh Allen and I'm gonna be sad.

Plus if my expectations are low, I am less disappointed.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Because we are going to take Josh Allen and I'm gonna be sad.

HAHA yes that would get people pissed but i am not buying them getting allen, the team itself hasnt shown interest in him just the media hyping this guy up. I would be more shocked that he goes top 10 then him falling to 2nd round. I would put him and Lamar on the same level both need extensive work and one has legs the other has big arm. I could see him dropping like Paxton Lynch did, or even guys like Glennon, barkley, nassib. Media hyped those dudes up and they all flopped.

I see the draft breaking down for the QB's in this fashion.

1. Darnold to Cleveland

2. Giants draft Chubb, their GM has a long history of drafting defensive players and they may have tipped their hand when Pierre-Paul left.

3. Mayfield to the New York Jets

4. If Denver wants insurance at QB, they trade up with Cleveland to grab Allen, otherwise Cleveland drafts Barkley and we trade up with Denver for Allen.

5. Rosen falls almost out of the top 10 due to injury concerns.

Allen may suck for a year or 2, but if he can get his mechanics together, look out!!!

I really hope you guys get Rosen if we are stupid enough to pass on him at 1.5.  Because the thought of another AFC East getting him later in the draft (no, not MIA) would really increase the pain factor not just 2x, but square it. 

1 hour ago, Iamcanadian said:

I see the draft breaking down for the QB's in this fashion.

1. Darnold to Cleveland

2. Giants draft Chubb, their GM has a long history of drafting defensive players and they may have tipped their hand when Pierre-Paul left.

3. Mayfield to the New York Jets

4. If Denver wants insurance at QB, they trade up with Cleveland to grab Allen, otherwise Cleveland drafts Barkley and we trade up with Denver for Allen.

5. Rosen falls almost out of the top 10 due to injury concerns.

Allen may suck for a year or 2, but if he can get his mechanics together, look out!!!

I know its probably all bs but more and more rumors are coming out that darnold is no longer browns interest and its down to mayfield and allen. I dont see the point of smokescreening as they are the #1 pick so if this is true then things will change drastically in the draft.

1. Allen to Cleveland (If dorsey continues with his description of a qb then it is allen over mayfield as he talks about a big arm and big hands).

2. Giants could take Darnold or a team can offer more compensation that Giants are over loaded with happiness they trade back, they stick to their guns and draft barkley...The chubb scenario I am not buying but it is a possibility even though he isnt and ideal 3-4 defensive player.

3. Does Darnold supersede mayfield with Jets? If so then Rosen and Mayfied drop

4. Cleveland can look to trade Denver if they truly want up there but to trade with bills, dolphins, or  cardinals it may not make sense as they have the draft capital to take a strong player in chubb or barkley

5. Denver can either take a qb with Mayfield/Rosen or sell big and get picks from either BIlls, Dolphins, or Cardinals...This will also start to put a team like the Patriots in play to slide up as they have 2 picks in the 1st round where denver may be willing to move down with.

6. Colts can look to trade down with Rosen or Mayfield left and land the bills dolphins or cardinals. More likely the Bills or Dolphins as they will still have a shot at either Nelson if Denver trades and doesnt take a qb, Ward, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith, Vea, Derwin at picks 11 or  12.

I wish this happens as the bills will give up less than what it would take to get to 2.

We need Cleveland to take Allen, NYG, and Denver to pass on QB’s and then we will be in really really good shape. We’d probably still have to trade up a few spots because of the Miami/Arizona threat but we would have the choice of whoever the Jets don’t take out of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. I mean hell we might even have one of them fall into our lap. If we could somehow grab one of those guys, and snag a top interior lineman or LVE at 22 I would name my first child McBeane.

39 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We need Cleveland to take Allen, NYG, and Denver to pass on QB’s and then we will be in really really good shape. We’d probably still have to trade up a few spots because of the Miami/Arizona threat but we would have the choice of whoever the Jets don’t take out of Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. I mean hell we might even have one of them fall into our lap. If we could somehow grab one of those guys, and snag a top interior lineman or LVE at 22 I would name my first child McBeane.

I honestly think this is what happens. 

Chubb or Barkley will go to the Giants and the Broncos believe themselves to be in win now mode. Elway didn't make a run at Cousins and give Keenum that type of deal just to sit behind a rookie. 

One way or another, I expect Rosen and either Mayfield or Allen to be available when the Colts are on the board. I think pick 12, 53 and next years 2nd (which could help the Colts move up next season if needed) will be moved. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I honestly think this is what happens. 

Chubb or Barkley will go to the Giants and the Broncos believe themselves to be in win now mode. Elway didn't make a run at Cousins and give Keenum that type of deal just to sit behind a rookie. 

One way or another, I expect Rosen and either Mayfield or Allen to be available when the Colts are on the board. I think pick 12, 53 and next years 2nd (which could help the Colts move up next season if needed) will be moved. 

Strangely I've been feeling this as well, that we'll only have to move up to #5-6 at most in order to get who we want. Which would be monumental. I really think the Browns take Allen.

Jeff Datlington spoke with Beane who said that the Bills do have one QB who they truly covet but obviously won’t say who. And Beane also said that we aren’t going to seriously risk the future by trading a ridiculous amount of picks to move up

Archived