The Josh Rosen Hype / Rumor Train to Buffalo

The BILLievers

13 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure whats going to happen I think this draft has had the most uncertainty in a long time with where the qbs will go. Still think Cards can be a dark horse for one and cant sleep on them. It may be best to give up more picks then they have to just to make sure they get their qb. 

Im still trying to understand why so many media people think that the bills are infatuated with Allen, Peter King swears they are going up to get him at 2. Yet the bills havent shown as much interest as they have had with Rosen and Mayfield.

It's tricky. They may want Allen badly, but feel if they cannot trade up to #2 in the draft, so he is out of their realm of possibility, unless they can convince a few teams that Allen isn't who they want and get those teams to reconsider Rosen and Mayfield. These games take place every draft and you just hope that a weak GM falls for them and leaves the better prospect for your team!!! 

Suppose it is only possible to trade up to #4 with Cleveland, who  will take their QB at #1 overall, nobody knows what the Giants are planning QB vs position player, but everybody knows the Jets will draft a QB. If we can get to #4, then the games begin and nobody will be telling anybody which QB they actually love, they are far more likely to show no interest in him and court every other QB but him, in hopes their plan works!!! That is why draft day is always so interesting!!!

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

It's tricky. They may want Allen badly, but feel if they cannot trade up to #2 in the draft, so he is out of their realm of possibility, unless they can convince a few teams that Allen isn't who they want and get those teams to reconsider Rosen and Mayfield. These games take place every draft and you just hope that a weak GM falls for them and leaves the better prospect for your team!!! 

Suppose it is only possible to trade up to #4 with Cleveland, who  will take their QB at #1 overall, nobody knows what the Giants are planning QB vs position player, but everybody knows the Jets will draft a QB. If we can get to #4, then the games begin and nobody will be telling anybody which QB they actually love, they are far more likely to show no interest in him and court every other QB but him, in hopes their plan works!!! That is why draft day is always so interesting!!!

Giants rumors are gaining steam that they want to drop back but 12 is out of the question as they want to collect picks and still land a top prospect the only way to move up is make a deal with browns at 4 then make a trade with giants at 2 if this is the case. Which can be tricky as you would have to agree to both trades before it can be finalized or the bills can screw themselves if they move to 4 and giants back out then they could be wasting all the picks to get to 4 for a guy they wont get.

I just dont get the infatuation with Allen at 2 cause his accuracy and mechanics are atrocious and he needs work on that. He reminds me of Jamarcus Russel the arm strength is there but is still raw. He may have better discipline then Russel but still needs work. Im also over the whole Allen needs to go to Buffalo because of weather too its not like these other Qbs cant play in the same weather just look at Aaron Rodgers in GB, Tom Brady during those blizzards, etc. Good coordinators will figure out ways to have your qb throw the ball in situations where the winds are a factor. Also how many actual games does it affect too, 3-4 a year is it worth taking a qb that has a superior arm for that many games over a more polished qb who is a step above them the other 12 games?

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Giants rumors are gaining steam that they want to drop back but 12 is out of the question as they want to collect picks and still land a top prospect the only way to move up is make a deal with browns at 4 then make a trade with giants at 2 if this is the case. Which can be tricky as you would have to agree to both trades before it can be finalized or the bills can screw themselves if they move to 4 and giants back out then they could be wasting all the picks to get to 4 for a guy they wont get.

I have seen that the Bucs (#7) and Bills have been talking. I think Cleveland would be nuts to trade out of 4 as one of Chubb or Barkley will be there. Not sure adding 12 and 22 and another 2nd is worth it as most believe there are only about 18 true first rounders in this draft. 

As for Allen, his mechanics have improved almost tenfold since the season ended. Working with Palmer has done wonders for him. He still needs to sit at least a year though IMO. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

If the Patriots beat us for a QB I legitimately don't think I can handle it.

They won't beat us to a QB, but if they scrounge another stud from someone like Rudolph or Falk, etc., I will freakin' lose it!

Final thoughts on QB's.

Sam Darnold - IMO is the best QB prospect in the draft. Has some Tony Romo and Fitzmagic to his game. Extremely smart and great leadership qualities. Should be a consensus number 1 at this point but...Browns.

Josh Rosen - Such a pretty passer and natural born QB. May rub old school coaches the wrong way. Injury history may cause concern. Top 10 pick every draft.

Baker Mayfield - Confident and contagious leader. Most accurate passer in the draft. Undersized but heart of a lion. Love for the game should keep him in the league for a long time.

Josh Allen - Body type and physical traits are perfect for today's NFL. Will have strongest arm in the league from day 1. Accuracy and decision making needs to be monitored/fixed. Highest ceiling in the draft but also the lowest floor. 

Lamar Jackson - If he starts from day 1 in an offense suited for him he could have a VY and RG3 type of impact. In the long run his ability to continue to improve as a pocket passer will determine how much success he'll have. Is his mother an issue?

Mason Rudolph - Career backup who likely has a few years as a starter but more of just a stop gap guy. Smart kid who could make a 10 year career for himself. 

In the end, who am I to argue for or against the guy McBean wants? They're the professionals putting their jobs on the line and the ones who have done hundreds of hours of homework on these guys. However, based off of their homework and who they scouted in the fall and met with now, Rosen and Mayfield look like their targets. 

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Mchsay now reporting rumors that the bills and giants are working on a deal for pick 2

I think there is too much chatter to think this doesn't happen. It could be now or it could be on draft day but I think we're moving up. God I hope it's not for Allen. 

17 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I think there is too much chatter to think this doesn't happen. It could be now or it could be on draft day but I think we're moving up. God I hope it's not for Allen. 

well mchsay is saying that his guess is 12 22 and 53 to get 2 if thats the case im all for that but he also said allen which i am not all for. Still hoping for Rosen or Mayfield.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Well if we do move up to #2 lets hope the Browns take Allen and then it wont matter.

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Buffalo has only been to his pro day. No formal contact and zero games scouted. I think it is all media BS.

Rosen and Mayfield however have had Buffalo at their pro day, met at the combine, doing a private workout with and sent scouts to their games in the fall. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo has only been to his pro day. No formal contact and zero games scouted. I think it is all media BS.

Rosen and Mayfield however have had Buffalo at their pro day, met at the combine, doing a private workout with and sent scouts to their games in the fall. 

dont forget the bills met with Mayfield at the senior bowl, as they met with Allen there too.

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

dont forget the bills met with Mayfield at the senior bowl, as they met with Allen there too.

Hypothetical question, but let's assume the Browns take Allen at #1. If the Bills move up to #2 who do you think they take? Not who you want them to take, but who do you think they take? They have shown more interest in Rosen and Mayfield, but I still think they take Darnold. My guess on their QB board is, 1.Darnold, 2. Rosen, 3. Mayfield.

Archived