2018 Vikings Draft Prospects - Defensive Line

swede700

2 hours ago, Dolmonite26 said:

Let's just take a moment to appreciate how much of freak JJ Watt is.  Bryan is testing really well, yet everything he's doing still falls short of Watt.

That's not an indictment of Bryan it just says so much about Watts freakiness

The combine is where Watt separates himself from the field. A 4.81 40 years dash at 290 was nuts. 

Nice to see two fan favorites in Bryan and Phillips perform well. I'd love to add either of them to this team.

Bryan - Corbett/Price

Hernandez/Wynn - Phillips

would be nice combos to start the draft.

3 hours ago, rpmwr19 said:

Nice to see two fan favorites in Bryan and Phillips perform well. I'd love to add either of them to this team.

Bryan - Corbett/Price

Hernandez/Wynn - Phillips

would be nice combos to start the draft.

Could get behind those for sure.  I wouldn't mind a OT either (I didn't like what i saw in Remmers or Hill enough to say they can't be replaced).

36 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Thats fair. With this interior offensive line class i think it behooves us to take at least one. 

I think draft slotting may have a lot to do with what happens with Berger. If Berger returns, OG might make just as much sense in round 3, as you said, in a deep class. I'd prefer to go pass rush heavy in rounds 1 and 2, grab a DE and UT and get a guard in round 3 to take over as a starter in 2019.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

I think draft slotting may have a lot to do with what happens with Berger. If Berger returns, OG might make just as much sense in round 3, as you said, in a deep class. I'd prefer to go pass rush heavy in rounds 1 and 2, grab a DE and UT and get a guard in round 3 to take over as a starter in 2019.

I'd be okay with that. Take advantage of a falling Billy Price, give him this year to recover while Berger holds down the fort in his final season. Keep upgrading the defense (DL or LB), to help mitigate possible losses if we sign Cousins.

5 hours ago, Klomp said:

I'd be okay with that. Take advantage of a falling Billy Price, give him this year to recover while Berger holds down the fort in his final season. Keep upgrading the defense (DL or LB), to help mitigate possible losses if we sign Cousins.

Agree.  Although UT seems like the better option in rd 1,  DE might be a better choice, depending on how Zimmer assesses the younger players, and whether Robison (continues playing) or Griffen can be productive going forward.  I may be over-reacting to their (DE) ineffectiveness against the Iggles OL in the NFCC game, and other recent games.  It may be that the Saints and Iggles OL were great and Zimmer was out-coached.

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Agree.  Although UT seems like the better option in rd 1,  DE might be a better choice, depending on how Zimmer assesses the younger players, and whether Robison (continues playing) or Griffen can be productive going forward.  I may be over-reacting to their (DE) ineffectiveness against the Iggles OL in the NFCC game, and other recent games.  It may be that the Saints and Iggles OL were great and Zimmer was out-coached.

The Eagles oline was no joke. 

4 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Griffen was very effective against the Eagles, but the lack of an interior pass rush allowed Foles to step up into the pocket and out of pressure. On the deep bomb touchdown to Jeffery, Griffen had hands on Foles, but Foles was still able to step into the throw. 

3T has to be addressed this year either in free agency (unlikely if we are front loading a Cousins deal) or in the first two rounds. Defensive end we’ve had success finding guys in the third or fourth round (Griffen, Robison, Hunter all in those two rounds... Ray Edwards too if you go back further)

11 minutes ago, rpmwr19 said:

Griffen was very effective against the Eagles, but the lack of an interior pass rush allowed Foles to step up into the pocket and out of pressure. On the deep bomb touchdown to Jeffery, Griffen had hands on Foles, but Foles was still able to step into the throw. 

3T has to be addressed this year either in free agency (unlikely if we are front loading a Cousins deal) or in the first two rounds. Defensive end we’ve had success finding guys in the third or fourth round (Griffen, Robison, Hunter all in those two rounds... Ray Edwards too if you go back further)

3T in round 1, OG in round 2 or 3, and DE in round 3 or 2 are my thoughts. Should be able to day 1 starters with the first 2 rounds.

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

Would be great, but with the Hurst news of a heart issue, you could see him drop a bit and Bryan could slide up.

More to see on Mo, but early impressions aren't overly impressive for me personally

Archived