Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

And Joe Thomas' retirement decision is supposed to be this week...sometime. Do we go heavy for Nate Solder (along with everyone else) early, or do we wait to see what JT says?

Dragon allowed 11 sacks in 11 games. Joe has probably allowed that in the last 5 years. 

I say go solder.

13 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

And Joe Thomas' retirement decision is supposed to be this week...sometime. Do we go heavy for Nate Solder (along with everyone else) early, or do we wait to see what JT says?

Not this week, some time tomorrow. Joe said he wants to make a decision before FA so Incase he retires he doesn’t kill the browns but gives them a chance to find his replacement 

56 minutes ago, CleBrowns07 said:

I agree with this. Grab your QB at 1 and take Barkley at 4 and call it a day. 

I want QB at #1 and I want to walk away with Barkley or Ward with our 2nd pick. If it’s at 4 or a small trade down. 

Dolphins fan here.  Just wanted to drop in and say that you guys are killing it right now.  You’re going to love Jarvis Landry.......he might only be a slot receiver but the guy always brings it, even when blocking.  I also think you made a nice move bringing in Tyrod Taylor..... he crushes the Fins twice a year it seems.

It looks like your new GM knows what he’s doing.....I would be shocked if he drafts any RB at number 1 overall.  If he can’t trade the pick for a way more than fair value he will pull the trigger on a QB to compete with Tyrod and at worst sit for a year.

There’s still a lot of football left in 2018 but grats to Browns fans for getting it all headed in the right direction.  You guys deserve to have a great team again......I’m pulling for you.

7 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Dolphins fan here.  Just wanted to drop in and say that you guys are killing it right now.  You’re going to love Jarvis Landry.......he might only be a slot receiver but the guy always brings it, even when blocking.  I also think you made a nice move bringing in Tyrod Taylor..... he crushes the Fins twice a year it seems.

It looks like your new GM knows what he’s doing.....I would be shocked if he drafts any RB at number 1 overall.  If he can’t trade the pick for a way more than fair value he will pull the trigger on a QB to compete with Tyrod and at worst sit for a year.

There’s still a lot of football left in 2018 but grats to Browns fans for getting it all headed in the right direction.  You guys deserve to have a great team again......I’m pulling for you.

Thanks, hope the Phins' rebuild goes swimmingly as well. Do you think this is Tannehill's make or break year, or is there a desire in place to come up with a Mayfield this draft?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I want QB at #1 and I want to walk away with Barkley or Ward with our 2nd pick. If it’s at 4 or a small trade down. 

I think with Randall moving to FS and the multiple reports that the Browns are really looking to attack CB in free agency--Ward becomes a sleeper pick at #4 since Randall moving to FS pushes Mincah Fitzpatrick out of the picture. Ward is the best pure cover corner in this draft and is slated as a top 10 worthy player. 

I would imagine this would happen if the Jets want to move up in front of Denver for a QB. Browns would drop to the 6th pick and take Ward there. They could possibly pick back up a 3rd round pick this year from the Jets in the process at the top of the 3rd round.

I actually see a lot of prime Joe Haden in Denzel Ward

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think with Randall moving to FS and the multiple reports that the Browns are really looking to attack CB in free agency--Ward becomes a sleeper pick at #4 since Randall moving to FS pushes Mincah Fitzpatrick out of the picture. Ward is the best pure cover corner in this draft and is slated as a top 10 worthy player. 

I would imagine this would happen if the Jets want to move up in front of Denver for a QB. Browns would drop to the 6th pick and take Ward there. They could possibly pick back up a 3rd round pick this year from the Jets in the process at the top of the 3rd round.

I actually see a lot of prime Joe Haden in Denzel Ward

I would be fine with Ward at #4 if they truly believe he deserves  it. If you are willing to draft him at 5,6, or 7, then he is worth #4. I just think if QBs go early and talent like Barkley, Minkak, Chubn are there, then Ward could fall. 

To me there are 3 QBs (Darnold, Rosen, Baker)

4 non-QBs (Chubb, Barkley, Minkah, and Ward)

The Browns should walk away with at least two of those guys. 

I think getting one of those QBs and one of those non-QBs, would be huge!!!

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Even in his prime, Haden wasn't that good.

Gotta disagree with ya there, Bruce. He had two pretty dam good years. He was never the best, but top 5 at one point. Thats why I became so disgruntled with him. Got paid and his focus in play went out the window. Every bruise or bump and he sat out games.

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Even in his prime, Haden wasn't that good.

I dont know, he never had a pass rush infront of him to make his life easier. He was pretty good in his prime. He could of been really good if a pass rush would of forced QBs to make bad passes or forced them to throw the ball sooner rather than later

Archived