Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Ok these guys are pretty much scrubs I think, but a couple still be good.  Even if they are the 52nd and 53rd best guys on the roster, they will have pushed a couple of lesser guys off of the team, which in turn makes the team better.  Even if it is just a marginal amount.  Also, plucking players from division rivals.  I have read that cinci wanted to keep smith.  As others have said, Haley knows Hubbard and was likely in their ear for that signing.

Yes I read too that Cincy fans were not happy that Smith left and also read that Hubbard was the 6th best offensive linemen but couldn’t crack either tackle position. He could easily be the RT for us. Also great knowing he could be a leader in the OL room because of his experience with Haley and his system 

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Rumored that we still are after Solder.

I am beginning to wonder whether we want JT back.

I think they want Him back but have to cover their butts if he doesn’t. I like it that they are preparing for it and not going to be left with their D***’s in their hands. 

If they get Solder or not and JT comes backs. This might be our best offense in years!!!

55 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Crowell gone to the Jets.

Deuces.

With Hubbard, I’m curious what is year 1 money. I’m all for signing guys with a bunch of year 1 money since we have it. Not super exciting, but if he’s an average starter, not terrible either. 

I'm not worried about Johnson or our cap. We still have an ungodly amount of space, and even though a deal for him will likely be 5 years, it will really be only 3. We won't have to pay our rookie QB real big money for 5 years, so our cap will be fine up until that point. 

Am I the only one that thinks JT is being selfish in his decision process?  (Yes, I know he's entitled to take his time) But given the station, wouldn't it be at least courteous to let the team he supposedly loves so much know either way? He's holding us up

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Am I the only one that thinks JT is being selfish in his decision process?  (Yes, I know he's entitled to take his time) But given the station, wouldn't it be at least courteous to let the team he supposedly loves so much know either way?

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Am I the only one that thinks JT is being selfish in his decision process?  (Yes, I know he's entitled to take his time) But given the station, wouldn't it be at least courteous to let the team he supposedly loves so much know either way?

Eh I do see both sides on this one. Supposedly we will hear something tomorrow, but I agree i'm not sure why this couldn't have been decided a day or earlier so we could prepare for FA. However with what he's given the team, and coming off this surgey, i could understand taking his time. 

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Rumored that we still are after Solder.

I am beginning to wonder whether we want JT back.

Not a matter of want or not want. When you leave the team hanging in the balance like he is right now then the team must move forward as if he is not coming back.

Archived