Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

6 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I think Allen Hurns would be a nice pick up as insurance for Gordon (possible suspension) and Coleman (possible injury).  I would still like to see Terrelle Pryor come back also.  Our WR core was so bad last year that we need as much quality and quantity as we can get.

Peace!!!

I dont know if anybody is said it yet, but Grossi today let something slip. When asked about Terrell Pryor he said the reason the Browns havent moved on him yet or any other veteran wideout is because the team is STILL shopping Corey Coleman hoping to find a team to take him for a likely mid-round pick. He then we will know nothing about Pryor if/until Coleman is surprisingly traded in the coming weeks.

I cant believe the Browns really arnt going to give Corey Coleman a 3rd season.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont know if anybody is said it yet, but Grossi today let something slip. When asked about Terrell Pryor he said the reason the Browns havent moved on him yet or any other veteran wideout is because the team is STILL shopping Corey Coleman hoping to find a team to take him for a likely mid-round pick. He then we will know nothing about Pryor if/until Coleman is surprisingly traded in the coming weeks.

I cant believe the Browns really arnt going to give Corey Coleman a 3rd season.

Three things: (1) Grossi said it;  (2) Seems a silly/stupid strategy to link what, if anything, you do with Coleman to whether you sign Pryor since Pryor probably doesn't care about that at all; and (3) Grossi said it.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Three things: (1) Grossi said it;  (2) Seems a silly/stupid strategy to link what, if anything, you do with Coleman to whether you sign Pryor since Pryor probably doesn't care about that at all; and (3) Grossi said it.

Agreed, but he still has sources inside the building. He has been pretty hard on the 'the Browns are looking to trade Corey Coleman' train for the past few weeks so maybe he does know something

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed, but he still has sources inside the building. He has been pretty hard on the 'the Browns are looking to trade Corey Coleman' train for the past few weeks so maybe he does know something

While I don't doubt that they would like to move Coleman, which I would not be against since he has shown some flashes and nothing else, it's the making improvement of the WR corp contingent on moving him that doesn't make sense.

Whether you want Coleman on the team or not, if you have a chance to grab a WR who will make the team better, you do it.

You always can cut Coleman.

42 minutes ago, bruceb said:

While I don't doubt that they would like to move Coleman, which I would not be against since he has shown some flashes and nothing else, it's the making improvement of the WR corp contingent on moving him that doesn't make sense.

Whether you want Coleman on the team or not, if you have a chance to grab a WR who will make the team better, you do it.

You always can cut Coleman.

Thats the thing though I have no clue why its even in consideration. He is the former 15th pick and #1 overall WR taken in the draft 2 years ago who has spent close to a full season being injured. Whats the harm in bringing him back for a 3rd season to see what he can really do if he is fully healthy with a solid QB. He is essentially the 4th option on this team as a receiver when you factor in Njoku/Duke. Its not like you really need him to produce at a pro-bowl level for your team to succeed.

Is replacing a fully healthy Corey Coleman with Terrell Pryor really an upgrade especially when you consider pedigree and age?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

he literally has burned down every bridge he had there. He has no more sources, everything he talks about anymore is speculation. I don't think they trade Coleman unless they get something valuable in return. I do think they draft a WR, because it's a position that we have some potential at, but outside of Landry and Gordon when not suspended, we don't have any proven talent. Why not go through the draft where you can get a potential playmaker for at least 4 years on a cheap rookie deal? If we trade Coleman, it's probably draft day. 

17 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

he literally has burned down every bridge he had there. He has no more sources, everything he talks about anymore is speculation. I don't think they trade Coleman unless they get something valuable in return. I do think they draft a WR, because it's a position that we have some potential at, but outside of Landry and Gordon when not suspended, we don't have any proven talent. Why not go through the draft where you can get a potential playmaker for at least 4 years on a cheap rookie deal? If we trade Coleman, it's probably draft day. 

Because I honestly believe where we are picking in the 2nd - 4th rounds there is not a rookie WR that could come in and perform any better than Coleman and maybe Higgins.

IDK, Im just not nearly as down on those two guys as a lot of people are. I dont know what people expect from your WRs when you literally have the worst starting QB in the NFL throwing them the ball. When the ball was delivered to them on time and catchable, they both made plays. Higgins had a few long TDs towards the end of the season and looked good after the catch. It just took a 1/10 pass from Kizer to deliver a good ball to make it happen.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because I honestly believe where we are picking in the 2nd - 4th rounds there is not a rookie WR that could come in and perform any better than Coleman and maybe Higgins.

IDK, Im just not nearly as down on those two guys as a lot of people are. I dont know what people expect from your WRs when you literally have the worst starting QB in the NFL throwing them the ball. When the ball was delivered to them on time and catchable, they both made plays. Higgins had a few long TDs towards the end of the season and looked good after the catch. It just took a 1/10 pass from Kizer to deliver a good ball to make it happen.

If we are going BPA and at one of our 2nd round picks we have a WR slated as the BPA, we don't pass on that player just because we have Corey Coleman and Rashard Higgins on the roster. There really isn't a position on this football team that we couldn't look at improving, minus maybe guard. LB is the same way. I like the guys we have, but man I would love to have a super passionate alpha male leading our LB group. 

5 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

If we are going BPA and at one of our 2nd round picks we have a WR slated as the BPA, we don't pass on that player just because we have Corey Coleman and Rashard Higgins on the roster. There really isn't a position on this football team that we couldn't look at improving, minus maybe guard. LB is the same way. I like the guys we have, but man I would love to have a super passionate alpha male leading our LB group. 

lol I love our LBs. All 3 are tackling machienes who have the speed to cover, get to the sideline and strength to play up the middle. I honestly believe Collins/Kirksey/Schobert is a top 3-5 LB unit in the NFL. Plus I like what I saw from that Burgess kid in limited role once Collins got injured so there is some depth.

But as far as the WRs, I think Landry/Gordon is a very very good 1-2 punch and when you combine how much this team uses Duke/Njoku as receiving threats as well, there isnt really a huge opportunity for your #3/#4 WR anyways. Its not like Coleman is getting 10 targets a game as the #3 and we need him to be a monster.

I would still do everything in our power to get a 2nd elite level pass rushing talent (Chubb pls) and really really focus on improving the secondary with all of those 2nd rounders. If we can come out of this draft with the QBOTF (Darnold), a dynamic pass rusher to pair with Garrett (Chubb) and some young talented DBs in the 2nd (Hughes, Alexander). wooooof that would be huge.

It'd be dumb to trade Coleman, unless he has character issues of some sort. We'd be lucky to get anything more than a fifth round pick for him, and his potential totally outweighs a fifth round pick. If he doesn't show improvement this year, then we can let him go. He has shown flashes of being pretty damn good though, and that's with him missing significant time both seasons and with him having to deal with awful QB play.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol I love our LBs. All 3 are tackling machienes who have the speed to cover, get to the sideline and strength to play up the middle. I honestly believe Collins/Kirksey/Schobert is a top 3-5 LB unit in the NFL. Plus I like what I saw from that Burgess kid in limited role once Collins got injured so there is some depth.

But as far as the WRs, I think Landry/Gordon is a very very good 1-2 punch and when you combine how much this team uses Duke/Njoku as receiving threats as well, there isnt really a huge opportunity for your #3/#4 WR anyways. Its not like Coleman is getting 10 targets a game as the #3 and we need him to be a monster.

I would still do everything in our power to get a 2nd elite level pass rushing talent (Chubb pls) and really really focus on improving the secondary with all of those 2nd rounders.

Ogbah is criminally underrated. I think Chubb can become a real effective pass rusher, but Ogbah did what he did without having an elite edge rusher lining up opposite of him for the majority of his career. I think he got 4 games with Garrett IIRC. I think Ogbah and Garrett are a terrific starting duo of DE's that can play the pass and run. I'd love to go after Josh Sweat, Rasheem Green, Duke Ejiofor, Sam Hubbard, etc. round 2 or later to be situational pass rushers for us. 

We should go after Suh on a 2 year contract. That way this contract is up when Oganjobi is ready to get paid handsomely. Plus I dont want to see Coley, Brantley as starters right now. Maybe next year.

Also trading Coleman should only be done if we get good value.

I can see him being in a trade with Buffalo given what happened with Jay Zones

14 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

We should go after Suh on a 2 year contract. That way this contract is up when Oganjobi is ready to get paid handsomely. Plus I dont want to see Coley, Brantley as starters right now. Maybe next year.

Also trading Coleman should only be done if we get good value.

I can see him being in a trade with Buffalo given what happened with Jay Zones

I would like to have Suh, but I dont think he is the type of leader this team needs. I dont really think hes a leader at all if you are getting paid that much money, you need to help bring all of the young guys along with you. Plus I would love to see what Brantley/Coley look like in their second years in this system after the rookie year/wall is gone.

I would give Buffalo Corey Coleman only if they give us our 3rd rounder back haha

Archived