The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

5 hours ago, Danand said:

I believe he would fit very well with us, and I really liked his abilities when he was drafted and still do, but the only way he will be worth the money if he has a young Boldin impact.

You have to look at this post on him Dan, it shows why he could be that and more.

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12180&p=194547&hilit=vintage+jay#p194547

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

You have to look at this post on him Dan, it shows why he could be that and more.

http://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12180&p=194547&hilit=vintage+jay#p194547

Not the best version of clips. There are a couple of them where Landry doesn't look good. This on the other hand is where he could make a difference

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Which ones? I don't think a team you ran would ever draft a receiver Dan, you hate them too much. 

There are some questionable efforts, lack of ability to jump and the clip where Cutler "tries to kill Landry", Landry actually slows his pace running across the middle which seem to be the issue the ball was inaccurately placed.

I played 1 year as a running back, 1 year as a receiver and then despite my short stature moved to the defensive side of the ball because I would rather hit something. I was a DB and outside linebacker for 8 years, so I have the right to hate receivers. One of the sweetest sounds in the world, is to hear the snap and the hrmphhg, when you hit a receiver in the ribs on a seam route after he knocked you for your short legs and phat squatbutt during warm ups.

Ugh, over Torrey. I appreciate that he's kept up his charitable efforts in the area but this faux "he's still one of us" thing is getting old. He turned his back on the team for small increases of pay multiple times, and he's no longer the reliable player he was five years ago. We already have a deep threat role player in Chris Moore, who also provides STs value. 

This whole 'let's interview Steelers players at the Pro Bowl and let's bring Torrey in for a podcast interview so he can talk about how great it is to win a Super Bowl with another team' mentality makes us feel so soft. Watch stupid Mike Wallace show Torrey what loyalty looks like when he most likely takes a pay cut to stay with this team, and Mike is a former Steeler who is a nice commodity in a barren FA WR market.

Even as a player coach or mentor I'm not into it. We don't need Torrey showcasing to our rookie receivers the 'benefits' of leaving the team, so when their contract is up we're more likely to lose them as we did him. Maybe it's a cold thought process but this organization could use some edge right now. Winning is what's important, and paying Torrey anything imo isn't going to help that cause. 

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Do the Ravens know that we are allowed to sign players that aren't pretty much just deep threats?

Maybe if we sign Torrey Smith it’ll mean they won’t try and draft another deep threat like Perriman. Maybe Torrey Smith is the secret to the Ravens drafting a great receiver.

9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Ugh, over Torrey. I appreciate that he's kept up his charitable efforts in the area but this faux "he's still one of us" thing is getting old. He turned his back on the team for small increases of pay multiple times, and he's no longer the reliable player he was five years ago. We already have a deep threat role player in Chris Moore, who also provides STs value. 

This whole 'let's interview Steelers players at the Pro Bowl and let's bring Torrey in for a podcast interview so he can talk about how great it is to win a Super Bowl with another team' mentality makes us feel so soft. Watch stupid Mike Wallace show Torrey what loyalty looks like when he most likely takes a pay cut to stay with this team, and Mike is a former Steeler who is a nice commodity in a barren FA WR market.

Even as a player coach or mentor I'm not into it. We don't need Torrey showcasing to our rookie receivers the 'benefits' of leaving the team, so when their contract is up we're more likely to lose them as we did him. Maybe it's a cold thought process but this organization could use some edge right now. Winning is what's important, and paying Torrey anything imo isn't going to help that cause. 

Getting Mike Wallace back, getting Torrey back, maybe tendering Campanaro, that gives us the opportunity to take best wr available in the draft. With Perriman likely out, we need the veteran and while Torrey might be a 2-trick pony, that is still an upgrade to what we currently have. 

Had he made 1-2 more catches like the one he did against the Broncos, especially on that final pass against the Patriots in 2014, he could very likely have been paid the extra doolers, and it would be well deserved. The fact he didn't make enough of these plays is the reason we didn't want to pay. 

Archived