diamondbull424

The Offseason target  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most prefer?

• Dez Bryant
    • Jordy Nelson
    • Jimmy Graham
    • Sammy Watkins

Hey I like Donte Moncrief he would be a nice addition on the cheap. The only problem is he disappeared everytime Andrew Luck got hurt and wasn't playing. But with these prices on the market we get what we get. Don't be surprised if the wide receivers get pushed up in the first round either.

As for Jeremy he is still probably going to be cut. The Ravens need that cap space regardless of what they do with wide receiver in free agency.

4 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

As for Jeremy he is still probably going to be cut. The Ravens need that cap space regardless of what they do with wide receiver in free agency.

This. I don't think Ozzie's plan to blow up and start from scratch with the receiver group includes keeping one of our most disappointing pick ups at the position all time.

This WR market is so stupid right now. Like, I'm sad we're losing out on these guys but these contracts are ridiculous, for WR's like Watkins/Robinson/Richardson who are basically WR2's in the NFL. What even is happening....

I'm glad Woodhead and Howard are gone (solidifies that Lewis is moving to RT unless we draft there), and I'm glad Carr is staying. Honestly, at this point, I hope we cut and re-sign Maclin.

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Could be waiting to sign another WR to let him go I suppose. Guarantee yourself a replacement before actually cutting ties. 

This is exactly what I’m thinking. There’s no real reason to release him right now. Holding onto him also reduces the likelihood that a free agent can run up their figures because now we’re more “desperate” for receiver help.

Well, this is good. I wasn’t really the biggest fan of a lot of the names that have gone off the board already.

On another note Donte Moncrief is only a year older than Calvin Ridley.? 

That said, JORDAN MATHEWS!!!! Make it happen. If we can’t get Graham, that’s the only other target I’m interested in. He hasn’t yet signed and there doesn’t appear to be much hype around him.

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well, this is good. I wasn’t really the biggest fan of a lot of the names that have gone off the board already.

On another note Donte Moncrief is only a year older than Calvin Ridley.? 

That said, JORDAN MATHEWS!!!! Make it happen. If we can’t get Graham, that’s the only other target I’m interested in. He hasn’t yet signed and there doesn’t appear to be much hype around him.

You seem high on him but I'm not sure about the guy. I can't deny he's made some great plays but he's a total shot in the dark. I feel Moncrief would be a great signing for us. Depending what Matthews goes for, sure, let's try him out. We just need all of our WRs in for an entire camp with a healthy Flacco. Get that chemistry as smooth as possible. 

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You seem high on him but I'm not sure about the guy. I can't deny he's made some great plays but he's a total shot in the dark. I feel Moncrief would be a great signing for us. Depending what Matthews goes for, sure, let's try him out. We just need all of our WRs in for an entire camp with a healthy Flacco. Get that chemistry as smooth as possible. 

Both players were drafted in the 2014 NFL Draft. Matthews has been much more productive and even more durable than Moncrief.

1. Donte Moncrief: 6’2” 221 lbs

32 3/8 arm length, 9 1/4 hands

4.40 forty, 39.5” Vertical, 11 ft Broad, 7.02s 3-cone, 4.3 short shuttle.

NFL Production 

First two seasons:

12 starts/32 games, 154 targets, 96 recs, 62.3 catch%, 1177 yards, 12.3 ypc, 9 TDs, 79 yd long.

Last two seasons:

15 starts/21 games, 103 targets, 56 recs, 54.3 catch%, 698 yds, 12.5 ypc, 9 TDs, 60 yd long.

2. Jordan Matthews: 6’3” 212 lbs

33 1/4” arm length, 10 3/8” hands

4.46 forty, 35.5” vertical, 10 ft Broad, 6.95s 3-cone, 4.18 short shuttle.

NFL Production

First two seasons:

23 starts/32 games, 229 targets, 152 recs, 66.4 catch%, 1869 yards, 12.3 ypc, 16 TDs, 78 yd long.

Last two seasons:

20 starts/24 games, 153 targets, 98 recs, 64.0 catch%, 1086 yards, 11.1 ypc, 4 TDs, 54 yd long.

So for me Jordan Matthews is clearly the better player and is more durable. I honestly see Moncrief as nothing more than a better version of what we already have in Breshad Perriman. A size speed athletic freak with questionable hands. I don’t really see how adding him to our receiving core is really going to do much other than take away opportunities from draft picks that will likely be better options than what he provides for us. He was a “potential” guy in the draft and hasn’t show enough for me to feel comfortable with him doing anything to improve our receiving unit.

EDIT: That said, I agree it depends on what either player signs for. If Jordan Matthews is looking for $8m then I don’t see us signing him. But if we can get him for something closer to $5m to $6.5m, perhaps with some incentives, I like that deal a lot.

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

No Ridley for the Bears now, he gon be there.

I disagree... they may draft Ridley still... if we signed Robinson and Ridley was there at 16 I think we would probably still have drafted him so I don’t see why they wouldn’t consider the same thing... we are going to resign Wallace sign Moncrief draft a receiver and TE and that’s gonna be it.... excuse me for not being optimistic 

Archived