Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

5 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Brunskill played tackle in college, the AAF, and during practices with Atlanta. He also played all five positions throughout the offseason. Garland and Brunskill will be our backup OL on Sunday, IMO. If Skule or McGlinchey go down, Brunskill will step in, or perhaps Person kicks out to tackle and Garland enters at guard.

I have faith in Shanahan to adjust the offense to hide our weakness at LT. (At least that's what I keep telling myself.)

Thank you, much appreciated

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

That's my guess as well, and I also assumed Hurd had the worse injury. Just disappointing all around. 

Even more disappointing after all reports from the offseason were good he looked and how he was the #1 clear target for Jimmy G.

Oh well, still think we have good enough WRs. More time in the slot for Deebo. 

18 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

What did Taylor do to deserve this?! :(

He got hurt at a position where we have more than enough capable bodies. I would expect Hurd to go the IR route as well IF another significant injury occurs elsewhere on the roster and depth is needed. Between Kittle and the rest of the WR group, we should be more than fine.

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He got hurt at a position where we have more than enough capable bodies. I would expect Hurd to go the IR route as well IF another significant injury occurs elsewhere on the roster and depth is needed. Between Kittle and the rest of the WR group, we should be more than fine.

As far as bodies at the position go, sure. But Taylor's hands and routes are possibly the best on the team. 

As for Hurd, he offers so much potential in so many ways...initially, I was not excited about picking him. I have since repented. I want him on the field ASAP and as often as possible!

• Like 1

I know we're only two games into the season, but FiveThirtyEight predicts the 49ers to go 10-6 on the year with a 51% chance at making the playoffs and 23% chance at winning the division. YAY.

The downside of this prediction, they also predict the Seahawks to go 10-6 as well with a 55% chance at the playoffs and a 27% chance at winning the division. BOO.

My two cents: Yes, 10-6 is absolutely possible. Maybe even more if things break right for us. As for the Seahawks, I will be very surprised if they win more than 8 or 9 games. I'm not impressed at all by them and see them as a 7-9 team. They have a terrible team propped up by a franchise QB....that's it!

Here is the link to their complete predictions: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

For anyone not familiar with FiveThirtyEight, they're fantastic and very smart people. I follow them for their political polling and ratings and their MLB season predictions.

• Like 1