Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Shanny blocks Mike from being hired as the OC for his brother would be something else lol. 

I feel like when assistants get blocked by the HC to interview for a coordinator job elsewhere, it's usually the assistant that tells him to block, because he's not really interested. Mike was asked, I think, and said he wanted to stay. Maybe it's just a matter of faithfulness (no pun intended). Some people just want to honor their contract. Some people just really like their situation. If you think about it, Mike is practically a half-OC here, and doesn't have to take the blame if things go wrong, that would fall on Kyle. And maybe Aaron Rodgers isn't really someone he's interested in working with. I'm not saying Rodgers is a diva, but he's bigger than the team, bigger than the coaching staff. There could be some difficulty there. 

1 hour ago, rudyZ said:

I feel like when assistants get blocked by the HC to interview for a coordinator job elsewhere, it's usually the assistant that tells him to block, because he's not really interested. Mike was asked, I think, and said he wanted to stay. Maybe it's just a matter of faithfulness (no pun intended). Some people just want to honor their contract. Some people just really like their situation. If you think about it, Mike is practically a half-OC here, and doesn't have to take the blame if things go wrong, that would fall on Kyle. And maybe Aaron Rodgers isn't really someone he's interested in working with. I'm not saying Rodgers is a diva, but he's bigger than the team, bigger than the coaching staff. There could be some difficulty there. 

Not sure I agree here. Often times positional coaching jobs to coordinator jobs get blocked and there are only so many of them that you can't really pass them up if given the opportunity. But the team holds your right so you are at their mercy. Maybe some use the team blocking them as an excuse for not really wanting it, but I bet a large majority DO want those opportunities. Just in life, who doesn't want a raise or upgrade in their position? 

22 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Our run game was damn good this year everything considered. Give props to Coach Turner and McDaniel for that.

Unless Shanny ever gives up the play calling duties, we are going to be losing coaches like McDaniel....And he never will give them up so there's that lol.

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If we deny, we have to give them a pay raise?

Also lost in this off season is that no one has yet to ask to interview Adam Peters..whewww

I don't believe that's the case, and if he does get any interviews might be after the draft which has been the case for the past few years with GMs being fired after the draft.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1