Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

I wonder, what if we're the only team making an offer? Brown is openly saying he wants to play for us. Maybe other teams will be afraid he'll be a problem for them (as we are that he will be a problem for us, but to a greater extent). They will be, at best, his second choice. What if we lowball the steelers, and only offer a third? Maybe add Armstead to the deal (he could re-structure and lower his cap hit with them). If other teams think Brown doesn't want to play for them (as he's stated he wants to play for us), they might not even put in an offer at all.

6 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I'd rather use what draft capital we have to get Bosa than a current locker room concern like Brown...

The locker room stuff is definitely a concern, but I'm much more worried about what we'd have to give up in a trade.  Getting a for sure thing top WR is often better than a pick you're rolling the dice on.   That's when the locker room stuff starts to enter my mind.

Ultimately, I'd rather us going hard after some top defensive players.  I actually really like our receivers.  Qualifier incoming:  When healthy.

At the end of the day, I won't be mad if we pick him up, unless we had to give up the 2nd overall pick for him.  

• Like 1