Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

56 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The swap with the Steelers is an interesting scenario. The difference in the classic value chart between 18 and 2 is 1700 points. If we assume Brown is worth pick #26 in value (number chosen for easy math), then Steelers would still owe us 1,000 points in value, or roughly their 2nd this year plus a 1st next.

Brown, a first, and a second for swapping picks would be one heck of an offer. Would depend largely on how free agency goes, but I would consider it. 

Consider it??? I would say yes right when the offer comes out of the Steelers mouth lol. That would be a very solid trade for us. If Bosa is gone at #1, we can get a interior DL close to the level of Williams at 18. We can potentially get a pass rusher close to the level of Allen. That trade would work out well for us. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Consider it??? I would say yes right when the offer comes out of the Steelers mouth lol. That would be a very solid trade for us. If Bosa is gone at #1, we can get a interior DL close to the level of Williams at 18. We can potentially get a pass rusher close to the level of Allen. That trade would work out well for us. 

For sure, I'd be all in on that deal. I don't know why the Steelers would make such a move...kind of silly if you ask me, but hey, if they are offering, I'm accepting lol. 

Just now, Forge said:

For sure, I'd be all in on that deal. I don't know why the Steelers would make such a move...kind of silly if you ask me, but hey, if they are offering, I'm accepting lol. 

That’s my thinking too, why would the Steelers want to trade away all that and AB for the number 2 pick haha? Ideal trade down scenario for sure but the Steelers would be sending a lot for one player at 2 where I’m not even sure there’s a player for them there that drastically improves their team to make that trade worth it for them. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

That’s my thinking too, why would the Steelers want to trade away all that and AB for the number 2 pick haha? Ideal trade down scenario for sure but the Steelers would be sending a lot for one player at 2 where I’m not even sure there’s a player for them there that drastically improves their team to make that trade worth it for them. 

I also wouldn't mind if we flipped with Jax at #7, picked up maybe an extra first next year or a player (Raaaaaaaaaaaaaamsey), then flipped out of 7 for 20 + AB. I hate moving down that far, but I think one of the edge rushers will still be there at 20 for us. If you asked me if I'd rather have Bosa / Allen or Montez Sweat / Brian Burns + AB + Ramsey (okay, that's really wishful thinking) / Jax's 2020 first round pick (plus maybe an additional solid pick like a second or third this year), I think I may take the latter to be honest. It's close, just because I'm so high on Bosa and Allen, but yeah, this is tempting. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I also wouldn't mind if we flipped with Jax at #7, picked up maybe an extra first next year or a player (Raaaaaaaaaaaaaamsey), then flipped out of 7 for 20 + AB. I hate moving down that far, but I think one of the edge rushers will still be there at 20 for us. If you asked me if I'd rather have Bosa / Allen or Montez Sweat / Brian Burns + AB + Ramsey (okay, that's really wishful thinking) / Jax's 2020 first round pick (plus maybe an additional solid pick like a second or third this year), I think I may take the latter to be honest. It's close, just because I'm so high on Bosa and Allen, but yeah, this is tempting. 

If all that happens Lynch could never hit on a draft pick again and I’d be happy letting be GM until he didn’t want to be anymore haha.

16 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Of course he is! He grew up in Norman, Oklahoma! 

Yes, born in Iowa, but raised in Oklahoma. :D

He actually despises Oklahoma and that is why he left to Iowa for college. Said he wouldn't wait to get out that disgusting state!!!

57 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The question is: how do you take someone at 3 without knowing how to use him in the first place?

That's the big question. It's almost like they just loved Thomas as person and player and just wanted him a part of the organization and would worry about the fit on-field later. Well, we have a scheme-inept D coordinator and a HC that seems to be hands-off with the defense. I don't know much about the last Dline coach, so I don't know if he helped or hurt Thomas, but hopefully, this new guy will help Thomas unlock his ability. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

That's the big question. It's almost like they just loved Thomas as person and player and just wanted him a part of the organization and would worry about the fit on-field later. Well, we have a scheme-inept D coordinator and a HC that seems to be hands-off with the defense. I don't know much about the last Dline coach, so I don't know if he helped or hurt Thomas, but hopefully, this new guy will help Thomas unlock his ability. 

Supposedly (I posted this somewhere else in here, but can't remember where), he wasn't a fan of Thomas, which is possibly the reason we let him go according to Barrows. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Supposedly (I posted this somewhere else in here, but can't remember where), he wasn't a fan of Thomas, which is possibly the reason we let him go according to Barrows. 

Interesting. Well, hopefully things turn around for him. He seems to know how to get into the backfield but it looks like he just doesn't trust his ability when he gets back there. I have nothing to base this on, but I'm wondering if Thomas thinks too much and doesn't trust his ability. I also wonder if the coaching he's receiving makes him doubt his ability. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It was cited (by Barrows) that the lack of development of Thomas (ie lack of playing time and playing out of position) is what got Zgonina (sp?) dismissed. Which coincides with what your saying...