2018 NFL Draft Combine

Rockice_8

Just now, rampantjet said:

I agree that he needs to use his size better and be more aggressive, but he is an extremely fluid mover for a 6'5 guy.

Yeah.. I don't like WR to decide whether or not he plays game for real. Hey, ND don't have a solid qb. He overran CB and made pathetic result. That is problem but he can do better if offense has meaningful plays.  Shape him up for real.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Play him at TE. heh.

Both could end up top 15.

Ryan Nall and Chris Warren make me more curious about them.  Warren could be used as h-back or flanker.  Nall can be as good as hot RB commodity for Jeremy Bates.

Mark Walton ran slow? Must be that bum ankle.

Edit: Hey,  I posted 300 more posts than you and yet I am still baby member while you are veteran member. Not cool.>:(

Haha. I'm not sure. I think it's because my account is old. I just don't post much.

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Not to stir up the Saquon argument, but learned an interesting stat. When Barkley was contacted at or behind the LOS, he averaged .46 yards per carry which was 57th of 58th for all draft eligible RB's.

That’s on an OLine more so than Barkley.

Bobby, having quoting issues for some reason on my mac, but it's not purely on his o-line. A lot of it has to do with his running style and trying to kick it to the outside. But for a guy that powerful and fast to average less than a half a yard after contact is flat out terrible. For comparison, Penny led all RB's with 3+. Now yes, he played worse competition, but Penny had four freshman lineman.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Bobby, having quoting issues for some reason on my mac, but it's not purely on his o-line. A lot of it has to do with his running style and trying to kick it to the outside. But for a guy that powerful and fast to average less than a half a yard after contact is flat out terrible. For comparison, Penny led all RB's with 3+. Now yes, he played worse competition, but Penny had four freshman lineman.

That might be the easiest thing to teach in all of the NFL though. If he was 190lbs I’d have concerns. But at his size in a few weeks he can be taught to just suck his head and get a years or 2 when nothing is there. That’s not uncoachable. It’s actually very easily coachable.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

That might be the easiest thing to teach in all of the NFL though. If he was 190lbs I’d have concerns. But at his size in a few weeks he can be taught to just suck his head and get a years or 2 when nothing is there. That’s not uncoachable. It’s actually very easily coachable.

This. He does dance around and try to bounce it out for a big run too often but it’s definitely something coachable.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd feel better about Penny in say Round 2 vs Barkley at 6.

I really want a RB in the 3rd Round tbh but I think the top guys will all be gone by then.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I'd feel better about Penny in say Round 2 vs Barkley at 6.

I really want a RB in the 3rd Round tbh but I think the top guys will all be gone by then.

All you need is to find one cut zoner RB. 4th-7th round RB can make it workable for Jets.

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

They must have built Barkley in a factory. Him and Nelson are on my " I don't care what ya'll think about drafting that position high, get'em" list. lol

He came out of HS with 4.66 at 209ish but ended up 4.4 at 233.  This factory must be having Russian doping system.  Test him.

If both were available at 6th then I would expect Jets to take Nelson. I have a hard time to see Maccagnan taking RB that high.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

He came out of HS with 4.66 at 209ish but ended up 4.4 at 233.  This factory must be having Russian doping system.  Test him.

If both were available at 6th then I would expect Jets to take Nelson. I have a hard time to see Maccagnan taking RB that high.

It's a hard call. Improving the oline improves the whole offense. So I wouldn't be mad unless we screw up the QB situation. Outside of the QB position, Nelson makes more sense than anyone else. More gaps for the RB & more time for the QB. It really depends on how the QB position is handled. 

Archived