Top 3 wish list for 19

resilient part 2

I think for my optimistic 3 it would look like...

Vita Ve'a
Calvin Ridley
Roquan Smith/Tremaine Edmunds

Honorable Mention to Derwin James

My realistic top 3 would be...

Da'Ron Payne
Isaiah Wynn
Harold Landry

Maurice Hurst would've made this list, but with the heart condition thing that came out a few minutes ago, I'll hold off until further notice.

DTs Da’Ron Payne / Maurice Hurst

LB Roquan Smith

OG Isiah Wynn

I kept the list for players whom I believe will be available. I love Vea and Edmunds, but don’t expect either to be available.

Hurst is on my list until the heart diagnosis is confirmed. Star Lotulelei had a similar diagnosis when he was at the combine, so I’m reserving judgment here. 

If Payne, Wynn, and Smith are also gone, then I wouldn’t complain with Derwin James. I hate DBs with a passion, but he would likely be BPA at that point.

Also, I’m a HUGE fan of OG Will Hernandez, who is a 2nd - 3rd round pick.

If you look @ a lot of mocker's drafts  my favorites are probably gone:

Tremaine Edmunds

Vita Vea

Derwin James

So if I'm having a wish list for the #19 pick it would have to be: 

Da'Ron Payne - need to start building a strong defensive line

Will Hernandez - everyone will hate this pick @ 19 but if he's on your board you better go get him because you won't get him @ 50, he's a guy that will start day one and have an impact on your offensive scheme.

Roquan Smith - linebacker position is a definite need to this defense and could probably replace Lee once he's finished.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

DTs Da’Ron Payne / Maurice Hurst

LB Roquan Smith

OG Isiah Wynn

I kept the list for players whom I believe will be available. I love Vea and Edmunds, but don’t expect either to be available.

Hurst is on my list until the heart diagnosis is confirmed. Star Lotulelei had a similar diagnosis when he was at the combine, so I’m reserving judgment here. 

If Payne, Wynn, and Smith are also gone, then I wouldn’t complain with Derwin James. I hate DBs with a passion, but he would likely be BPA at that point.

Also, I’m a HUGE fan of OG Will Hernandez, who is a 2nd - 3rd round pick.

I don't think you're getting Hernandez in the 2nd-3rd at this point

This is probably how I would want them:

1.  Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
  2. Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
  3. Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia
  4. Vita Vea, DT, Washington
  5. Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Virginia Tech
  6. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
  7. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia 
  8. Derwin James, S, Florida State
  9. Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
  10. James Daniels, C, Iowa
  11. D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
  12. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA 
  13. Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State
  14. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida 

I'd be happy with any of those 14 in our 1st. 

I'll guess Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Barkley, Roquan, and Edmunds aren't there, so...

1. Derwin James

2. Vita Vea

3. Calvin Ridley

4. Harold Landry

5. Isaiah Wynn

Honorable mention/trade-back: James Daniels, Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore, Maurice Hurst, Marcus Davenport, Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch (only wanted to listed the first five guys here, but decided to throw in the two LBs at the end to offset the two DTs- Hurst and Vea- that I'm sure we won't draft at 19)

A lot can change based on free agency though. It would be hard to spend a Top 20 pick on a LG, DT, LB, or S if we sign a free agent to legit starter level money there- which I think we can, and will, do at one or two of those positions.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

This is probably how I would want them:

1.  Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
  2. Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
  3. Roquan Smith, OLB, Georgia
  4. Vita Vea, DT, Washington
  5. Tremaine Edmunds, ILB, Virginia Tech
  6. Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
  7. Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia 
  8. Derwin James, S, Florida State
  9. Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
  10. James Daniels, C, Iowa
  11. D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
  12. Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA 
  13. Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State
  14. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida 

I'd be happy with any of those 14 in our 1st. 

Sorry to seem like a jerk and nitpick - But theres like 3 or 4 guys listed here I dont even view as first round guys. If this team wasnt so lacking at the nose, would we even objectively view Vea as a first rounder? Look at Billings a couple years ago and the eventual slide he took because he was, essentially, a low value position player despite being an athletic freak. Those vince wilfork types, playing at the nose, arent a high value position anymore. 

As for the ones listed that I dont think are really first round guys...Vea is one, Moore, Vander Esch and Daniels are the others. 

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I think you are on a very lonely island thinking Vea isn't a 1st rounder. 

Hey, possible I am! And dont mistake me - he is a hell of a player. But his position has such little value in todays NFL. He is strong, and explodes lff the snap. But he is still mostly just a nose...and you dont see many go very high anymore.

I rank him a bit lower because of the position. As a whole he is still a darn good prospect. 

As for the original question...

Im eyeing a safety here. Fitz or James would be ideal, but id also be pretty darn happy if we could nail Wynn at guard if the safeties are gone.

I truly believe Safety and Guard held us back too many times this past season. And there should be one or the other available at 19 without sacrificing value at another position. Availability meets need. ...hopefully.

5 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Hey, possible I am! And dont mistake me - he is a hell of a player. But his position has such little value in todays NFL. He is strong, and explodes lff the snap. But he is still mostly just a nose...and you dont see many go very high anymore.

I rank him a bit lower because of the position. As a whole he is still a darn good prospect. 

Also, obviously my list does bend towards what we need. It's why I don't have any QBs or RBs there or CBs, for that matter. 

Archived