Duck's Mock Draft 7.0

Da_Ducktator

I love the Landry pick for the Bills.  Meh on Kolton Miller, our tackles aren't terrible and we have depth, so we don't have to reach a little here.  We have bigger needs at QB, DT and LB to address (although the board didn't play out favorable for us). 

Also, the Jaguars have a better chance of drafting unicorn than BJ Hill in the first!

8 hours ago, Da_Ducktator said:

I could certainly see this scenario happening. My main point (my very first Mock had Ward slipping there) was more about talent than biggest need. Trufant and Alford are good, yes. But the Falcons are in one of arguably the best QB divisions in football with having to face Brees, Jameis, and Cam. 

Until Goedert puts in a full workout, I am not sure a team would be comfortable taking him 1st round. Gronk fell to the 2nd round despite working out fully because he had an injury history and Goedert isn't as good as Gronk. Dallas keeps getting banged up and that has to worry teams. I would love to see Gesicki go 1st round and think he deserves it for a team smart enough to use him as a Jimmy Graham type, but I get that he is limited, doesn't block well (at all), and likely won't go in the 1st because of it.

In this Mock, Josh Jackson and Jaire' Alexander are both there, whereas the top three DT and top three OG are all off the board. Guys like B.J. Hill and Austin Corbett will be in play, but some people believe Jackson or Alexander may be the best corners in this class (I still like Ward, but the other two have their believers). Sometimes it's about pure talent over pure need.

See this is what i wanted from you all along but you never like to discuss things much.  I see where you do the talent over need thing but as a good mocker you have to take into account what each team does when they draft.  Like the Ravens have always been known for going BPA more often than not over the years.  Where as the Falcons almost to a t have always been needs 1st then bpa 2nd.  So i would say 90% of our 1st 3 or 4 round picks i can guarantee were top tier needs.  Now we might have draft BPA at those needs or more likely scheme fit over BPA. 

If it wasn't dimitroff drafting and him numerous of times over the last few years in multiple interviews saying we are a needs based drafting team and then actually in the draft doing exactly that then i would be more so in agreement that Jackson would possibly be in play as a pick.    To give you an idea of what im talking about on this take the last 2 or 3 drafts in the 1st round or 2.  Their isn't one person that can tell me that  Keanu Neal was a top 20 pick on anyones board.  But SS was damn sure our #1 or 2 need coming into that draft and he was best scheme fit guy but dang sure wasn't BPA.    Same with Deion Jones who people had as mid 3rd round talent and we took him in round 2.    As far as last year alot of people had Takk as a 2nd round guy and for sure DE was our #1 need.   Same with Vic Beasley as edge rusher was #1 need that year as well.  Although Vic was drafted for good value and might have been BPA.  So i can give ya that one but the other 3 guys were not close to BPA when we took them but they were #1 or 2 needs and perfect scheme fits which is how we draft.

All im saying bro is im not knocking on your mock or you or Jackson as a player i think he is a bad *** player actually and gonna be a good CB im just trying to show you how the Falcons actually draft and what would be a more realistic pick in your mocks as of right now the day you made the picks.   After FA it might change depending on what we get and at that point i'll see who we get and reply then to what would be a more realistic Falcons pick based on Dimitroff and our history of drafting under him.

Thank you for the reply this time and explaining why you like the pick but i hope you take into consideration what i have said about the Falcons and i promise you most people on here will back me up on how well i know the Falcons :D

On 3/6/2018 at 3:58 PM, Da_Ducktator said:

I could certainly see this scenario happening. My main point (my very first Mock had Ward slipping there) was more about talent than biggest need. Trufant and Alford are good, yes. But the Falcons are in one of arguably the best QB divisions in football with having to face Brees, Jameis, and Cam. 

What the hell are you smoking? Brees yes, the other 2!?!?! GTFOH

Solid Vikings pick. I'm actually more tempted by offensive tackle than I am by offensive guard. O'Neill seems like an interesting pickup as someone who could play RT for the Vikings and let Remmers move to RG and improve the offensive line as a whole.

Archived