Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

37 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Anyone watch the Netflix Castlevania series? I enjoyed the first two seasons even though it was a mixed bag.

Trying to finish Konosuba S2's dub before I jump into that, if it's anything like the first two seasons. This is gonna be great.

Also this is the FIRST FULL SEASON, to have an actual series length budget/full series. (First Season was supposed to be a movie, second had budget issues because reasons?)

I can't wait to see the levels of quality they put into this one. 

14 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yo what I had no idea Crunchyroll was A) doing their own funded content and B) ******* making webtoons into anime.

Thinking about that Solo Leveling anime like 

giphy.gif

Crunchyroll funds a lot of anime/licenses a lot the exact specifics aren't known because contracts/no one likes publicly saying how they spend/fund things. But there's a decent amount of stuff they help get funded.

It's gonna happen if the Webtoon projects happen to be profitable/successful. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yo what I had no idea Crunchyroll was A) doing their own funded content and B) ******* making webtoons into anime.

Thinking about that Solo Leveling anime like 

giphy.gif

Solo leveling anime would be God tier but frankly I can't imagine any Japanese studios touching it. Too much Korean nationalism.

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

Trying to finish Konosuba S2's dub before I jump into that, if it's anything like the first two seasons. This is gonna be great.

Also this is the FIRST FULL SEASON, to have an actual series length budget/full series. (First Season was supposed to be a movie, second had budget issues because reasons?)

Crunchyroll funds a lot of anime/licenses a lot the exact specifics aren't known because contracts/no one likes publicly saying how they spend/fund things. But there's a decent amount of stuff they help get funded.

Solo Leveling is like, ridiculously stupid popular. It's pirated viewed like 200M times and yet the physical volume releases still have sold a few million copies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

Solo leveling anime would be God tier but frankly I can't imagine any Japanese studios touching it. Too much Korean nationalism.

It's really really bad with that lol.

But it would be so effing good man. Now that I know they're doing these I need that ****.

Thinking about Madhouse doing an adaptation of it, bruh.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

33 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Did not know that. Do you have a link because I would love to read about it? Checking out first episode of the third season now.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Did not know that. Do you have a link because I would love to read about it? Checking out first episode of the third season now.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-animation-studio-that-made-castlevania-explains-why-1797476526

I'm like 90% sure it was an interview regarding season two. But that's one I found after the first season that went into it a little bit.

I'll keep looking because that was a fantastic interview, but I can't remember who did it for the life of me. Damn you year and a half gaps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-animation-studio-that-made-castlevania-explains-why-1797476526

I'm like 90% sure it was an interview regarding season two. But that's one I found after the first season that went into it a little bit.

I'll keep looking because that was a fantastic interview, but I can't remember who did it for the life of me. Damn you year and a half gaps. 

https://kotaku.com/castlevanias-netflix-showrunner-on-humanizing-villains-1830283324

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/7/11/15952898/castlevania-live-action-adaptation-netflix

Like 90% sure it was the kotaku article. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:58 PM, Xenos said:

Anyone watch the Netflix Castlevania series? I enjoyed the first two seasons even though it was a mixed bag.

Saw it last weekend. It was good/average, IMO. Not as good as season 2, but still made for a good binge watch. Sets up a lot of things for a potential season 4, so I'm excited for that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Saw it last weekend. It was good/average, IMO. Not as good as season 2, but still made for a good binge watch. Sets up a lot of things for a potential season 4, so I'm excited for that.

Only got a chance to watch the first episode so far. The animation looks better and more fluid. Does it hold up through the rest of the season?

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Only got a chance to watch the first episode so far. The animation looks better and more fluid. Does it hold up through the rest of the season?

Better than season 2? I don't know about that. At least I hadn't heard of any change in the animation studio. But yeah, the quality holds up for the most part. Some of the major action sequences towards the end of the season were fairly well done, IMO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I would say the storyline is great, where it ends sets up an interesting season 4 but I did not like the ending. 

It wasn't bad it was just....oh boy.

Watching Tokyo Ghoul. I liked season 1, and I liked season 2 but season 3 is hard to watch. I read about it and apparently S2 is completely original and S3 is pretty much directly taken from the manga. Hoping the second half gets better because I am really not a fan of the direction it has been heading.

Watched all of the SAO spin-off Gun Gale Online (not the start of season 2 the actual separate show), seemed too predictable, I thought that they had some interesting room to play with, but in the end it just felt like they didn't plan it out well for ending it.