Broncos trade Talib to Rams

49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, it's really easy to overlook Kevin Peterson on the field. I mean, it's Kevin Peterson.

In additional fairness, one of those picks was a really nice play by him

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm surprised the Broncos got a 5th.

TBH, it's pretty close to a 6th.   I think Phillips probably convinced Snead that Talib would fit like a glove with Peters in his scheme.   

I gotta say, after SF pulled out, though, I'll take it.  We weren't going to do any better.   Some guys on our forum were saying 1st, or a 2nd/4th.   At least this offseason has helped reshape the thinking to a more realistic view in this cap era.

The biggest question with the Rams defense is going to be their linebackers.  If they could somehow get a true MLB that fits Wade Phillips' scheme, they will dominate.  The Rams have the best CB tandem in the league outside of Jacksonville and the Rams defensive line is excellent led by Donald an Brockers.  

Either way, the Rams were already a really good team and have gotten better this off-season and we still have the draft and maybe some other potential moves to go.  

Just now, showtime said:

The biggest question with the Rams defense is going to be their linebackers.  If they could somehow get a true MLB that fits Wade Phillips' scheme, they will dominate.  The Rams have the best CB tandem in the league outside of Jacksonville and the Rams defensive line is excellent led by Donald an Brockers.  

Either way, the Rams were already a really good team and have gotten better this off-season and we still have the draft and maybe some other potential moves to go.  

We need an edge rusher more than anything. But yes, we also need an ILB.(two if Barron goes) But Wade is good at finding ILBs later in the Draft.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We need an edge rusher more than anything. But yes, we also need an ILB.(two if Barron goes) But Wade is good at finding ILBs later in the Draft.

The beauty is that either you get one of the elite off-ball LB's at 1.23, or you get EDGE.  It won't be a reach pick out of need, one of the top 3 ILB's or a really good EDGE should be there, who'd likely be going soon anyways.  And if you go EDGE Rd 1, there are viable ILB's on Day 2 for sure.   

Snead deserves a lot of credit for building the team to where BPA likely will also match need.  That's an area where Elway's struggled at of late, and then forced need picks early.   Snead's moves may not all work out, but you gotta admire the blueprint he's using, he has a clear idea of what he needs to do, and he's fearless in addressing it.

Just now, Broncofan said:

The beauty is that either you get one of the elite off-ball LB's at 1.23, or you get EDGE.  And if you go EDGE Rd 1, there are viable ILB's on Day 2 for sure.   Snead deserves a lot of credit for building the team to where BPA likely will also match need.  That's an area where Elway's struggled at of late, and then forced need picks early.   Snead's moves may not all work out, but you gotta admire the blueprint he's using, he has a clear idea of what he needs to do, and he's fearless in addressing it.

I've always been a fan of Snead. He got unfairly lumped in with Fisher's offensive incompetence.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I've always been a fan of Snead. He got unfairly lumped in with Fisher's offensive incompetence.

Let's face it, Fisher's reach has extended far and wide.   Snead has really acquitted himself well since Fisher left....as have Keenum, Goff & Foles.   Fisher's not just a QB killer, we can now officially call him a football serial killer.

It's an oldie but goodie, now we can add Snead to this classic photo...

53 minutes ago, raiderrocker18 said:

5th round pick for a 1 year rental... i dont think that's what they're hoping.

i know he has size, but does he have the skill set to transition to safety if foostpeed becomes a legit issue? i'm not so sure, he's always been a press guy

We just franchise tagged our free safety and our strong safety was a 3rd round pick this past draft. I don't think he's an option at safety.

BTW, in case ppl didn't realize this - Talib's signed for 2019 for 8M.   So if his play hasn't slipped, he's actually controlled for 2 years.  It's just more the risk of decline makes 2019 iffy - but the option is there.   It's also not guaranteed, and there are no options, roster bonuses, etc. - so it's low-risk year for the Rams.

Archived