Browns trade for Jarvis Landry

bosko1616

2 minutes ago, bigbluejt said:

how can people hate it without even knowing what we gave up or what his contract is?  I don't care if we over pay on contract as we have a bunch of $ and will have to over pay to get anyone here.  People are upset that we got landry, how much did you enjoy watching that **** show collection of wr we ran out there last yr?

Because we are the Browns and you know it is going to be too much. Really anything over 2 day 3 picks is too much for him.

Just now, TheeRealDeal said:

987 yards and we just gave up 2 picks for it. Pryor had 1,007 yards and we showed him the door. IDGAF How many catches you have if you aren't doing jack with it. I don't care how you slice it Landry doesn't deserve his pro bowl status either.

care to give us a breakdown on why he had such few yards?  From he few dolphins games i watched he was used as the underneath guy since they had parker and stills to blow top off of coverage.  Are we going to knock him because his team used him a certain way?  Here is what i do know, he obviously can catch the ball which already makes him better then most of our wr

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

Dude was one of the most sought after guys this off-season.

No, he wasn't. He was on the franchise tag and we have no idea if anyone else even made an offer. If you like the guy, that's fine, but make arguments that are real.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

If by "proven" you mean proven to be able to get a respectable yardage total when given 150+ targets, then sure.

The dude is basically a 3rd down RB playing WR. He's good at his role, but it's a role that is worth at most like 8M a year because he is not a useful player if you're asking him to catch the ball more than 10ish yards from the LOS. He was on a 16M tag. If he's signing with us long term, I gotta think he's gonna make at least 13M or so a year, and that's a gross overpay. Plus, that money makes it less likely that we sign better WRs like Robinson in FA (although I'm assuming with this move that we already knew Robinson wasn't coming, or at least I hope we figured that out first).

I'm most confused by this because Hue and Haley, for all their differences, both run vertical heavy offenses. I don't see Landry's fit.

gross overpay?  dude we got 110 million.  we need talent/names solely to attract other talent as well.  he's a 3x pro bowler.
still need someone to play the slot, and jarvis will do that as well as anyone in the league for us.

we dont even know what picks are involved yet

DX4HSa1VMAAXduF.jpg

This is who Landry is. A high end "average" to low end "good" wr. We just gave up two picks are are going to pay 12M+ per year for that.

And yes, I know PFF is wrong sometimes, but this fits perfectly with my eye test. A solid WR whose value is inflated because he played with a checkdown happy QB in an offense with outside WRs who couldn't catch very well.

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

987 yards and we just gave up 2 picks for it. Pryor had 1,007 yards and we showed him the door. IDGAF How many catches you have if you aren't doing jack with it. I don't care how you slice it Landry doesn't deserve his pro bowl status either.

Are you going to pretend like Jarvis Landry doesn't have 2 seasons with 1,000+ yards as well? Or that fact that he is still just 25 years old? Or that he had 9 receiving touchdowns last year, which if I'm not mistaken is almost twice as many receiving touchdowns as Pryor has in his entire career

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

DX4HSa1VMAAXduF.jpg

This is who Landry is. A high end "average" to low end "good" wr. We just gave up two picks are are going to pay 12M+ per year for that.

And yes, I know PFF is wrong sometimes, but this fits perfectly with my eye test. A solid WR whose value is inflated because he played with a checkdown happy QB in an offense with outside WRs who couldn't catch very well.

why you talking about having a good player as a bad thing?  his qb was smokin jay last year.  

we don't need him to be a vertical threat for us.  We have gordon and coleman for that which means landry can be the underneath guy that he has been so far in his career.  I guess some guys really liked watching louis, higgins, treggs, williams, etc out on the field dominating.....

Just now, tyler735 said:

Are you going to pretend like Jarvis Landry doesn't have 2 seasons with 1,000+ yards as well? Or that fact that he is still just 25 years old? Or that he had 9 receiving touchdowns last year, which if I'm not mistaken is almost twice as many receiving touchdowns as Pryor has in his entire career

No one is saying he's bad. We are saying that he is slightly above average but his raw stats make him look really good because of sheer quantity. And that we are paying for him as if those raw stats are the whole story, as well as that he just isn't a great fit for our current offensive scheme (vertical heavy offense) or personnel (Duke can do almost the exact same job for cheaper).

We get a pro bowl player who is only 25 and people *****.  

You cry we should just sign Pryor....does Pryor have the track record Landry does?  Hell no...stop the damn whining already we just made a massive upgrade on arguably the worst position we have.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

No, he wasn't. He was on the franchise tag and we have no idea if anyone else even made an offer. If you like the guy, that's fine, but make arguments that are real.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2018/03/05/Jarvis-Landry-Ravens-among-at-least-5-teams-interested-in-Dolphins-WR/6161520260002/

suk it

Archived