Richard Sherman Agrees to a 3 Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

Not sure how I feel about it. Numbers will matter. Reminds me of when Giants signed Bonds. I was pissed. Hated him but love for the team and hope he would make them better I had to support him. 

I just pray pray he keeps his mouth shut and I don’t see him crying on the sidelines if they lose a game. 

Interested in the numbers as well. Schefter was on it from the start and thought the deal could have gotten done today.

Still need another corner as it isn't a guarantee he is healthy to start the season, though I think I read he would be ready to go for TC? If that is the case then that would be great. 

Carlton Davis 2nd round? Landry in the 1st? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Interested in the numbers as well. Schefter was on it from the start and thought the deal could have gotten done today.

Still need another corner as it isn't a guarantee he is healthy to start the season, though I think I read he would be ready to go for TC? If that is the case then that would be great. 

Carlton Davis 2nd round? Landry in the 1st? 

I'm all for Landry if we knew what is gonna to happen to foster.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Whoa, didn't expect it to be for this much. How much is it guarateed though? 

Was actually expecting it to be up there in terms of surprising. 5 mil sb means likely first year guaranteed, maybe part of second year

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

That is at least 6 mil total less than i expected and the signing bonus is really low in my eyes.

Yeah, I thought $15M per year was likely myself. If he's healthy, I like it. That's the only part that matters to me. Corners with excellent technique and discipline like Sherman can play well into their 30s.

Question: what number does he wear (Ward is 25, of course)?

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah, I thought $15M per year was likely myself. If he's healthy, I like it. That's the only part that matters to me. Corners with excellent technique and discipline like Sherman can play well into their 30s.

Question: what number does he wear (Ward is 25, of course)?

Maybe he buys it from Ward? 

Silly me thinking it was going to be close to 9-10 per season. But Marathe is good with contracts so not worrying too much.

Paying him that much per year definitely takes us out of the market for other top FA corners. Still a deep FA core where we could find a good bargain one. 

Archived