Free Agency 2018 || Redskins Re-Signings

e16bball

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Last year, we had even less than they had in terms of imparting fear in opposing defenses.

They also had the #1 rusher to keep defenses honest.

And they had a very accurate, efficient and athletic qb leading that offense who didn’t make huge mistakes that cost his team games in the clutch. I’m glad we have that dude now. When Mahomes is throwing picks in the clutch next year and Alex is making accurate passes in the clutch, extending plays to get wrs open or moving the chains with his legs I’m sure the Chiefs will miss Alex; Just like the 49ers regretted not having him in 2014, 15 and 16. I think Kyle Shanahan would have loved to have Alex as his qb last year, of course, if Alex was San Fran’s starting qb since 2013, Kyle may not be there because they wouldn’t have lost so many games from 2014-2016.

@albertbreer

”Redskins QB Alex Smith's 4-year, $94 million extension includes $40M in '18, with $55M fully guaranteed. His $16M for '20 becomes fully guaranteed next March. So this deal ties the team to him for at least 3 years, at a rate of $71M.”

Boy I wish that Alex Smith friendly contract steal thread was still open. 

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Last year, we had even less than they had in terms of imparting fear in opposing defenses.

They also had the #1 rusher to keep defenses honest.

Yea but to me that isn't as good as what we had in 2016.

I think your undervaluing of what we had last year . Our O in my eyes was being held back 

you don't need. RB to win a super bowl , the last good RB to win one was like Lynch . But before that I think it was Bettis? Or Faulk.

34 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea but to me that isn't as good as what we had in 2016.

I think your undervaluing of what we had last year . Our O in my eyes was being held back 

you don't need. RB to win a super bowl , the last good RB to win one was like Lynch . But before that I think it was Bettis? Or Faulk.

Just because they didn't get MVP, I think you are taking away what Ajayi and Blunt did this year. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

@albertbreer

”Redskins QB Alex Smith's 4-year, $94 million extension includes $40M in '18, with $55M fully guaranteed. His $16M for '20 becomes fully guaranteed next March. So this deal ties the team to him for at least 3 years, at a rate of $71M.”

Boy I wish that Alex Smith friendly contract steal thread was still open. 

The Cap hit is friendly though. 16th among Q B's in 2018 and 17th in 2019.. So-- comparatively cheap.  

49 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Just because they didn't get MVP, I think you are taking away what Ajayi and Blunt did this year. 

Yea they aren't elite . We just need two decent running backs , we already have one now we need a Blount type .

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I feel like a RB can carry you through the regular season, but a QB has got to get you to the Super Bowl.  At least that's the typical way it plays out.

Clinton Portis is a good example for us , completely wasn't around in playoff time . Morris I think did ok during the Seahawks game .

46 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Yea they aren't elite . We just need two decent running backs , we already have one now we need a Blount type .

Good? Or elite? You used two different words. Elite I agree. Good I don't.

4 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I don't believe it's anything but rare (if that) to say 1 player "carries" a team. Kind of spits in the face of the very word TEAM. 

Ha, Take A Rodgers away from Green bay --OH yeah-that happened. ! 

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Clinton Portis is a good example for us , completely wasn't around in playoff time . Morris I think did ok during the Seahawks game .

What? Portis was pretty much the only reason we stayed in that Tampa Bay game. Brunell threw for like 25-yards.  And I think he ran all over Seattle as well.

Linebacker Zach Brown's contract includes a $4.5 million signing bonus and a $1 million base salary in 2018. In 2019, he has a $6.7 million base salary, with $4.5 million guaranteed for injury only. And his third year has a $7.5 million base salary. He has a roster bonus in 2017 up to $250,000; it goes up to 500,000 in each of the last two years. The Redskins could cut him after one year with only a $3 penalty -- that could be spread over two years with a post-June 1 release.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropJohn Keim, ESPN Staff Writer

25 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

^ looks like a very strong deal for Washington there on Zach. Guess even the "bumbling idiots" can get something right occasionally? 

xD 

A broken clock is right twice a day. 

Archived