The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Top 50 player, 2021 WR Marvin Harrison Jr. committed to Ohio State.  Pretty good bloodlines there. He is also a teammate of our 2021 five star quarterback commit, Kyle McCord.

As good as the 2020 recruiting class has gone, 2021 should be even better.

That WR group is going to be just filthy. About to be DBU WRU DEU

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Top 50 player, 2021 WR Marvin Harrison Jr. committed to Ohio State.  Pretty good bloodlines there. He is also a teammate of our 2021 five star quarterback commit, Kyle McCord.

As good as the 2020 recruiting class has gone, 2021 should be even better.

As long as he's not hanging out at daddy's bars in Philly, we good!! Our WRs are set for the future. It's insane how many high prospect WRs we have coming in. As long as these QBs pan out, the future looks very, very good there.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, JTagg7754 said:

If Larry Johnson needed any help recruiting (which he doesn't), this certainly won't hurt. Give us all the DE's!!

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another big name sniffing around during NSD, these next couple of months are going to be exciting

• Like 1

With the rare of exception of this year, Ohio State almost always has a quality out of conference opponent on the schedule. Aside from Notre Dame as an independent, it’s hard to find a team that routinely schedules big time opponents out of the conference. Here’s a look ahead as of now:

2020/21 Oregon

2022/23 Notre Dame

2024/25 Washington

2025/26 Texas 

2030/31 UGA

Both Washington and Texas on the docket several years from now in the same season. I guess you can’t control what are those teams end up being goodbye the time you play them (VTech), but the effort is certainly there. It is interesting though in light of the fact that the college football committee has shown that they are happy to put undefeated teams in the playoffs without playing quality OOC opponents and that a quality loss keeps you out. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

With the rare of exception of this year, Ohio State almost always has a quality out of conference opponent on the schedule. Aside from Notre Dame as an independent, it’s hard to find a team that routinely schedules big time opponents out of the conference. Here’s a look ahead as of now:

2020/21 Oregon

2022/23 Notre Dame

2024/25 Washington

2025/26 Texas 

2030/31 UGA

Both Washington and Texas on the docket several years from now in the same season. I guess you can’t control what are those teams end up being goodbye the time you play them (VTech), but the effort is certainly there. It is interesting though in light of the fact that the college football committee has shown that they are happy to put undefeated teams in the playoffs without playing quality OOC opponents and that a quality loss keeps you out. 

I mean Cincinnati is turning out to be a fairly decent team this year.  Also was it this year or last year that Ohio State had an SEC team scheduled that cancelled on them?

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I mean Cincinnati is turning out to be a fairly decent team this year.  Also was it this year or last year that Ohio State had an SEC team scheduled that cancelled on them?

Yeah I believe it was last year and this year maybe that Tennessee was scheduled with us for a home and home and they canceled several years out. Probably a good decision on their part given how bad they have been anyways but it was obviously scheduled when they were respectable.

And yes, Cincinnati has turned out to be a top 20 team. I was just saying as far as scheduling a big conference name brand team in advance, that would not have qualified. Regardless, tough stretch here ahead the last few weeks of the season and good out of conference games looking ahead.

2025 is ridiculous. Texas, Washington as OOC and Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU, PSU, and UM all on the schedule. 

Edited by NateDawg

Some unsubstantiated rumors this morning floating around that there could be an eligibility issue with Chase Young going forward. Not really worth going into the details unless something were to come out about it, so here’s hoping there’s nothing to it. Depth chart/participation report comes out on Fridays, so that might be something to keep an eye on today.