The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Backups kinda stunk tonight, but whatever.

I dont think Day wanted to run it up on Rutgers. With the Rumors it was the Maryland staff that reported Chase, I dont believe it, cause that would do more damage for their program. Also that Rutgers just isnt a good program and has an interim HC. I think they just coasted to PSU 

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We are screwed if Justin gets hurt.

pretty much but I wonder how much the offense would be altered for it. The other QBs dont have the skill set that Day taked advantage of. I think the team could be a nasty playaction pass team if Fields got hurt and they just pounded you with Dobs and Master and then hit you over the top

On to Penn State. It was hard to get much out of the Rutgers game. We showed nothing at all on purpose and it showed. The starters did give up a touchdown on a short field. It’s hard to get up for a team like Rutgers when you beat Maryland the previous week as bad as you did and have Penn State coming up the following week. Ohio State is looked better at times, but I wouldn’t read too much into a game like that. The one thing to keep an ion is that we haven’t played starters in the fourth quarter all season, I don’t believe. Most of the games they have barely played in the second half, if at all. Looking ahead, Penn State Michigan, Big Ten title game potentially, and playoffs. I don’t anticipate backups playing anymore, unless called upon within the rotation or through injury. Starters will need to start playing full games, which will be a good thing but also something that we haven’t seen yet this season. 

You guys touched on it, but Justin Fields has had an incredible season. He has thrown 31 TDs, run for another 10, and has 1 interception on the year. 41 TDs to 2 turnovers on the season I believe, is pretty good. Imagine if he was playing full games like some of these guys. He would have well over 50 touchdowns and would probably win or be right there with Burrow for Heisman.

It will be interesting to see how things play out. My guess is that if we show up against Penn State and when decisively, we jump LSU back in the one spot, but I could be wrong. Along with Clemson, OSU is playing the best two-way ball in the country. As the season goes though, I am interested in seeing us play an elite team eventually. We have played a few pretty good teams, but we have seen that Wisconsin is not an elite team, and I’m not sure Penn State, TTUN or our conference title opponent are either in those upcoming ones. At least not on a level of what we would see in the playoffs. I am excited to see how this team stacks up.

@natedawg your comment about not playing all year. I remember that being an issue with Wisky. Neither team has been playing full games cause they were blowing teams out but in the 2nd half it was tOSU who took the game to another level and really wore down wisky

Edited by buno67

I'm becoming more and more convinced it will be Ohio State and Clemson in the final and the committee will do whatever it has to do to get them to not match up in a semi-final game.  Whether that's OSU jumping LSU with it's tough close to the season or dropping Clemson to 4 because of their cupcake schedule.