The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

How many recruits are going to the game? Do you have a list? I briefly looked but came up empty. Not sure why it couldn't just be sunny and 50. Guess that was too much to ask!

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2019/11/109151/ohio-states-visitor-list-for-penn-state-game

As always for games like this, you’ll have others showing up and some not making it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Jack Sawyer will be a beast for us.

ESPN recruiting rankings are poop. They do have Ohio State for two straight #1 players in the country right now though with Julian Fleming and Jack Sawyer in the 2020 in 2021 classes.

Edited by NateDawg

I think Sawyer is going to be a great player at Ohio State,  but does anyone else not get a "#1 player in the country" feel when they watch his film or is it just me? I'm sort of surprised he's ranked as highly as he is. Top 50 player absolutely but I don't know... then again, Jashon Cornell was at one point EPSN's #1 player in the country too.  

Give Larry Johnson an athletic 6-5 body though (if he's still around hopefully) and good things are almost guaranteed to happen. Really excited to see what he does with Harrison these next few years, and Cade Stover was recently moved to DE. He's intriguing as well.   

28 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

I think Sawyer is going to be a great player at Ohio State,  but does anyone else not get a "#1 player in the country" feel when they watch his film or is it just me? I'm sort of surprised he's ranked as highly as he is. Top 50 player absolutely but I don't know... then again, Jashon Cornell was at one point EPSN's #1 player in the country too.  

Give Larry Johnson an athletic 6-5 body though (if he's still around hopefully) and good things are almost guaranteed to happen. Really excited to see what he does with Harrison these next few years, and Cade Stover was recently moved to DE. He's intriguing as well.   

At 6’5” and a frame that’s going to be easily 260+, he’s already run a 4.65 in the 40. He’s a monster and top 3 player from every database. He’s next in line of dominant DE prospects following the Bosas, Young, and Harrison. Assuming he gets good coaching and LJ sticks around. 

Yeah, I know. I just don't know if he pops off the screen as THE top player in the country when I watch him.

I watched a little bit of Drew Sanders this morning, a top 25 player and also a similarly sized 6-5, 230 kid that plays both WR and DE and to me his physical ability jumped off the screen way more. Maybe next year is a weaker year at the top of the class for elite players? *shrug*

I really don't want it to sound like I'm hating on Sawyer. He's a consensus top 5 player everywhere for a reason. I'm just a bit surprised he's ranked #1 overall instead of being a high end 4 star guy given his film. 

5 minutes ago, BRANDON26841X said:

Yeah, I know. I just don't know if he pops off the screen as THE top player in the country when I watch him.

I watched a little bit of Drew Sanders this morning, a top 25 player and also a similarly sized 6-5, 230 kid that plays both WR and DE and to me his physical ability jumped off the screen way more. Maybe next year is a weaker year at the top of the class for elite players? *shrug*

I really don't want it to sound like I'm hating on Sawyer. He's a consensus top 5 player everywhere for a reason. I'm just a bit surprised he's ranked #1 overall instead of being a high end 4 star guy given his film. 

He’s not a freak off the ball like Chase Young and some of those elite edge guys we see every year. He’s more in line with a Joey Bosa in that he’s just excellent in all areas and can take over the game. Joey Bosa was ranked in the 30s out of high school as a recruit for some reason even though he came in elite right away as a freshman. I don’t think Sawyer is a guy who will take long to be effective in college. I hear what you’re saying though.

• Like 1