The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I want Chase to break T-sizzles record, so I’m glad it’s Wisconsin.

I know but I was just hoping to witness new new teams and not Wisconsin.... again lol. They're also the better team have a better chance to beat us. I'm not trying to go to Indy for a weekend to witness a loss, dammit! Makes you wonder how many of the Wisconsin faithful will make that journey this time around.

Next weekend Miami OH, Florida Atlantic, and Cincinnati are all playing for their conference championships. What does this have to do with the price of butter and tOSU football? We slaughtered all of them. We could potentially have beaten 3 non-big10 conference champions. Might not be power 5 but can any other team make the same claim?

How is that for a resume builder? 

MC  

Cincinnati should join the ACC.

OSU doesn't have a signature OOC rival in the P5 like several other Big Ten schools do. Some schools have rivalries with Notre Dame. Iowa has Iowa State. Penn State has rivalries dating back to their time as an Eastern indie (notably Pittsburgh). Maryland, Nebraska and Rutgers all have rivalries that were often played during their time in other conferences before joining the Big Ten.

If Cincinnati joined the ACC, they'd probably jettison the Miami U series and want to play OSU on an annual basis OOC. The game would probably take place in September when the schedule is largely OOC games. They could perhaps play for a trophy. The trophy would be named the Paul Brown Trophy and honor the entire history of football in Ohio.

Edited by pf9

Ryan Day ended the 40 year drought and won Big Ten coach of the year for Ohio State. I’m surprised, because it has been an award that has been handicapped against Ohio State, as the presumed lead dog. I would have guessed PJ Fleck, but well deserved.

Chase Young was the obvious winner of Big Ten Defensive Player and DL of the year. 

Fuller, Chase, Okudah were unanimous First Team. Malik Harrison was 1st Team by the Coaches and Second Team with the media, along with Second Team Arnette. Shaun Wade and Davon Hamilton were Third Team. You can probably argue that those two guys were too low actually.

Seven all-conference guys on defense isn’t too bad though. I imagine the offense will have about the same.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1