The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

14 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Ryan Day ended the 40 year drought and won Big Ten coach of the year for Ohio State. I’m surprised, because it has been an award that has been handicapped against Ohio State, as the presumed lead dog. I would have guessed PJ Fleck, but well deserved.

Chase Young was the obvious winner of Big Ten Defensive Player and DL of the year. 

Fuller, Chase, Okudah were unanimous First Team. Malik Harrison was 1st Team by the Coaches and Second Team with the media, along with Second Team Arnette. Shaun Wade and Davon Hamilton were Third Team. You can probably argue that those two guys were too low actually.

Seven all-conference guys on defense isn’t too bad though. I imagine the offense will have about the same.

I predict:

First Team: Justin Fields, JK Dobbins, Josh Myers

Second Team: Chris Olave, Wyatt Davis

Third Team: Jonah Jackson, Thayer Munford

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not a big fan of how hurt Fields makes it seem like he is right now. If we're up at the half by a few scores, sit him. This can't get worse.

that knee injury looked so bad tho. Im surprised he didnt blow his knee out

Ohio State could potentially beat 5 conference champions this season . Could actually be 6! if OSU loses a close game to Wisconsin and still gets into the playoff. Then OSU would also have a win over the Big 10 champ.

All 3 out-of-conference teams Ohio State played this year are in their respective conference championships this weekend (and outscored those teams 163-26):

If OSU were to win out, they could potentially have beaten the champions of CUSA, AAC, MAC, (PAC 12/Big 12), and (ACC/SEC)

• Like 1

I badly want Oklahoma. They have a tiny front 7. Our offensive line and JK + Teague will maul them to death. Their biggest defensive linemen is barely 300 lbs in Gallimore.

Riley will help them score points, but that defense is getting destroyed.

Edited by candyman93