The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

11 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Please don't tell me any of you are the "well Michigan is in the B1G so I want them to win" crowd.........

**** no, I was loving watching them get pummelled.  I rooted for the rest of the B1G in the bowl games, but not Fichigan. I wanted Georgia to kick a field goal as time expired, and I was pissed that Fichigan scored on Georgia's backups.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Sonny Styles might come in here and take that Bullet position as a true freshman after the game Hickman just had.

Seriously. He was our best defensive player for the majority of the season but he looked like Doodoo out there. Bad against Michigan also. Truthfully there are very few if any positions on D that should be considered safe.

At least they got the win heading into the off-season. One more season of CJ Stroud and JSN. Hartline just keeps doing ridiculous things at receiver.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

With changes on defense coming with a new DC, Eichenberg, Stover, and Trayanum could be a very good LB unit next year. Have Hicks coming in as a true frosh for depth and to learn before 2023.

They need to come up with somebody that can come after a quarterback from that unit though. I can’t watch Eichenberg continue to blitz up the middle. The middle of our defense is really lost out there. I hope that coaching makes a big difference. Baron browning had his shortcomings but there’s something to be said for sending a guy off the edge at linebacker that can run a sub 4.5.

If Knowles can work his magic, we have a legit team to make a run next year. Our offense will be fine. From what I read, Knowles defenses are nasty and he knows how to utilize the front four, getting the most out of them. On offense, this was a fantastic way to end the year. Overall, the same. Defense needs work and we know that and it has been addressed. Fingers crossed it works. Looking forward to it!

We have to get the offensive line fixed running the ball. In a game like we saw against Michigan where we aren’t able to just air it out like we did tonight, we have to be able to win at the line of scrimmage establishing the run. I am all for airing it out with the guys we have, but the ground game simply is not good enough right now. And winning more on the ground is just going to make it easier through the air as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

In other news some 2023 safety recruit from south Florida committed to a Ohio State tonight. Never heard of him, and given the location, it probably means as much as to say that we are in his top 3.

He simply sees immediate playing time with this bunch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

We have to get the offensive line fixed running the ball. In a game like we saw against Michigan where we aren’t able to just air it out like we did tonight, we have to be able to win at the line of scrimmage establishing the run. I am all for airing it out with the guys we have, but the ground game simply is not good enough right now. And winning more on the ground is just going to make it easier through the air as well.

I imagine most of our running woes can be solved if they decide to play 1 center, 2 guards and 2 tackles.   As opposed to the 4 tackle line we saw all year.

I believe it was a decision that was made to help protect Stroud from getting murdered early…and they never went away from it

• Like 2

All this WR talk and in next year's class, we have:

Caleb Burton, Kaleb Brown, Kyion Grayes, and Kojo Antwi coming in 

I hear a lot about these guys and that list is in order of 247 rankings. The guy I honestly hear most about is Antwi. I hope Brian Hartline makes more than most premiere head coaches. 

Top guy in 2023 is a 50/50 to us as well. 

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

All this WR talk and in next year's class, we have:

Caleb Burton, Kaleb Brown, Kyion Grayes, and Kojo Antwi coming in 

I hear a lot about these guys and that list is in order of 247 rankings. The guy I honestly hear most about is Antwi. I hope Brian Hartline makes more than most premiere head coaches. 

Top guy in 2023 is a 50/50 to us as well. 

Go look at Antwi's highlights, he looks like a baby Terrell Owens

• Like 1