The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

On 9/19/2023 at 11:04 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I feel like this might be wrong but maybe?

https://x.com/jrs_rankings/status/1704141390735704217?s=20

I feel like Josh Proctor has been OSUs safety for 6 years lol

Update: Just checked and yep, he joined the team in 2018. How did I not know this and why is he still here lol I felt like I remember him being next to Jordan Fuller and that was like in....2019-2020. The dude was comitted when JT Barrett was still the QB 🤣

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I feel like Josh Proctor has been OSUs safety for 6 years lol

Update: Just checked and yep, he joined the team in 2018. How did I not know this and why is he still here lol I felt like I remember him being next to Jordan Fuller and that was like in....2019-2020. The dude was comitted when JT Barrett was still the QB 🤣

I don't care who plays as long as they're playing well. If Proctor is making those leaps, excellent! Get out on the field lol. We've got a lot of defenders scoring very high. Burke, Proctor, JTT, Sawyer, and Chambers come to mind. Hope they continue that tomorrow. Going to be hard for JTT and Jack though since they're going against Alt who has been absolutely phenomenal so far.

Man, y'all are ridiculous in the GDT. Glad I was out with friends and only came in here once.

We just went into a hostile environment, still figuring out the offense, a new QB, against an offense and defense playing at elite levels and found a way to win. McCord can really build off this and again gets better every single week. That last drive was so impressive.

Was it perfect? On offense, no. Defense? I dunno what more you could ask for. That is arguably the best OL in the country and they were able to get pressure at times and completely limited ND in the first half. Yeah, Day got in his head again on a couple plays which is frustrating but he still called a pretty good game against a damn good defense. 

Amazing win against a great opponent in their building under the lights. We can build off this. We also have a championship caliber defense. If we can get a bit better on offense, the ceiling is very high with this team.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just big time clutch throws 

Kid has all the talent in the world. Absolutely no questioning that. He's still raw but he'll get there and he just proved no moment is too big for him. Absolutely incredible last drive with some big time throws as you highlighted 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 10:40 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Man, y'all are ridiculous in the GDT. Glad I was out with friends and only came in here once.

We just went into a hostile environment, still figuring out the offense, a new QB, against an offense and defense playing at elite levels and found a way to win. McCord can really build off this and again gets better every single week. That last drive was so impressive.

Was it perfect? On offense, no. Defense? I dunno what more you could ask for. That is arguably the best OL in the country and they were able to get pressure at times and completely limited ND in the first half. Yeah, Day got in his head again on a couple plays which is frustrating but he still called a pretty good game against a damn good defense. 

Amazing win against a great opponent in their building under the lights. We can build off this. We also have a championship caliber defense. If we can get a bit better on offense, the ceiling is very high with this team.

I found that muting @MWil23 in game day threads has been a game changer

its way more frequent in the browns ones

• Like 1

8 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

I found that muting @MWil23 in game day threads has been a game changer

its way more frequent in the browns ones

I get that some people have pessimistic thoughts about this team but damn, they're so in their heads about it lol. Not even specifically mentioning him or anyone either. Not like the company I was w/ was much better anyway. Nerd I was next to just kept yelling "fire Jim Knowles" every time ND got a first down or scored. Some members of this fan base are just extremely toxic.

I get our team is different than in year's past also so it's frustrating to not see 35-50 points on the board every game but I do think we can get there. Our OL is easily the weakest part of our team (IMO) but they're getting better. Just hope they can continue to improve b/c they will need it as the season goes on. McCord just keeps getting better and better. Big ceiling for this kid. I hope he gets there a little more quickly though. Penn State is coming very soon.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2023/10/141387/big-ten-announces-ohio-states-conference-opponents-from-2024-through-2028 look

Pretty good breakdown of future schedule.

Next year features Oregon, PSU, UM

2025 notables include Texas, PSU, Wisconsin, Washington, and UM.

2026 includes Oregon, Michigan, Texas, and USC. 

2027-2028 they play Alabama in a home and home along with playing a lot of these same games.

Should be a lot of fun but challenging matchups. Obviously with going to a 12 team playoff, a loss will be less consequential. Lots of big matchups to look forward to though. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2