The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

Just now, candyman93 said:

It just seems like Ryan Day and his staff haven’t even tried to develop Kyle.

Somebody needs to tell him not to go for a home run every play.

He had some nice check downs and started 11-11. Fleming and Scott with two awful third down drive and potentially point killing drops.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Rifle passes and Kyle McCord

thats like saying JT Barrett was a pocket passing QB

Barrett was actual someone who popped in my head. If your not going to have the arm talent/make the throws Haskins/Fields/Stroud made--then you better be a athlete like Barrett was to offset it.

McCord seems to be neither. He doesn't have the arm talent of previous OSU QBs and he's not a athlete either, so he's stuck.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Barrett was actual someone who popped in my head. If your not going to have the arm talent/make the throws Haskins/Fields/Stroud made--then you better be a athlete like Barrett was to offset it.

McCord seems to be neither. He doesn't have the arm talent of previous OSU QBs and he's not an athlete either, so he's stuck.

He is Craig Krenzel with a better arm/accuracy and less athleticism. It’s not his fault a sophomore Ewers should be the starter this year and next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ohio State skating that line of lucky and team of destiny

that is a good way to describe it 

With this defense and a healthy Marvin I do think we could beat anybody still

Not convincingly, but I do this we could scratch and claw and come out victorious over every other team I've seen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

that is a good way to describe it 

With this defense and a healthy Marvin I do think we could beat anybody still

Not convincingly, but I do this we could scratch and claw and come out victorious over every other team I've seen. 

My worry is that this DL (due to TJ/Sawyer not taking the next step) is very prone to getting gashed on the ground against run heavy teams.

However they seem to have a really good a ility to bend but not break and keeping teams out of the end zone. I guess that was the tradeoff Knowlls brought in to fix all of those explosive plays given up. You can take 6 yards on the ground ever time and we will stop you in the Red zone, but you are not going to be beating us down field....ever.

We basically let teams have whatever they want in between the 20s but since there is a short field in the Red zone, they can crowd the LOS more and create stops not having to worry about getting beat deep. I feel like that's the philosophy in D. Force teams to beat you by kicking FGs all day and never giving up the deep shot

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

McCord seems to be neither. He doesn't have the arm talent of previous OSU QBs and he's not a athlete either, so he's stuck.

Definitely disagree here. Kyle has his flaws but arm talent isn't one. It's weird how much we don't see it though. He's certainly more than capable to throw hard passes like he did against ND. I think the OL definitely has him a little panicked with how much pressure they've allowed. 

I think Kyle could be great but he's certainly yet to show a complete game for us yet. Maybe he's just saving it for later lol