Did the Eagles miss their window to trade Foles?

JaguarCrazy2832

With the QB frenzy almost over and most, if not all teams have their QB situation at least more figured out, did the market dry up on the Eagles and their SB MVP?

Who would trade for him?

Bills? Colts? Giants?(not gonna happen in division) 

Just seems like most teams have their QB spot filled and someone likely wont pay a decent price $-wise for someone and then picks for Foles.

Will Philly even trade him?

1 minute ago, Jeezla said:

Probably...until a starting QB gets hurt in training camp. Then the phones will ring.

But doesnt that also depend on who gets hurt? Like if a team with an established franchise QB got hurt they wouldnt trade for him so doesnt that eliminate a decent chunk plus QBs don’t exactly drop like flies in the Summer

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

But doesnt that also depend on who gets hurt? Like if a team with an established franchise QB got hurt they wouldnt trade for him so doesnt that eliminate a decent chunk plus QBs don’t exactly drop like flies in the Summer

Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Big Ben...one of these dudes is going down and their team is giving the Eagles a 1st for the reigning SB MVP. Heck, if Rodgers gets hit on his collar bone, it could be the Packers. I can't even name the Chargers backup. It could be them. Rivers is old. Brees is old. You never know. Wentz could also get hurt again. You neva neva know.

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Big Ben...one of these dudes is going down and their team is giving the Eagles a 1st for the reigning SB MVP. Heck, if Rodgers gets hit on his collar bone, it could be the Packers.

The first 4 i get but the Packers wouldnt trade a 1st for a 1yr rental

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The first 4 i get but the Packers wouldnt trade a 1st for a 1yr rental

Well 4 teams is till a lot. All it took was 1 to get a 1st for Bradford.I don't think he's going anywhere until after the draft and training camps begin at the earliest though.

Personally I'd like to see Matt Ryan go down and then Atlanta gives us their 2019 1st and 2020 2nd. Sorry Atl fans, but Foles would be better in the playoffs anyways.

I fully expect them to hold onto foles the entire offseason , Wentz won't be 100% healthy and they don't want to rush him back. 

Sorry eagles fans but no one is ever 100% coming back from a torn ACL late in the season, You're not trading Foles until the eagles are comfortable Wentz is healthy.

I don't think so.  Primarily because i honestly don't think they want to trade him.  Why would you?  He's making very reasonable backup money (and their starter is on a cheap rookie deal), making for a totally manageable expenditure on the QB position for next year.

And their starter/franchise guy is coming off a serious injury.  No guarantees in that.  Plus, they just had perhaps the greatest possible lesson in the value of a top tier backup who works in your organization/system and has a rapport with the guys.  They won a super bowl with him.

That security/insurance is probably worth more than whatever sort of 3rd round pick they might've got for him.  They'd end up spending just as much on any other sort of reasonable backup, while downgrading the position for themselves.

So no...i don't think they "missed" the window.  I think they probably passed on it.

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I fully expect them to hold onto foles the entire offseason , Wentz won't be 100% healthy and they don't want to rush him back. 

Sorry eagles fans but no one is ever 100% coming back from a torn ACL late in the season, You're not trading Foles until the eagles are comfortable Wentz is healthy.

I wonder if the stage is being set for Minny at Philly opening day game.

Good story lines.. rematch of nfccg & biggest free agent get of the offseason for minny with Cousins.

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

What makes you think they did a normal acl repair? Wentz is the Duke of the Dakotas. The Chosen Wentz. They put a flowmaster on his acl along with a Clay Smith Cams tattoo over the scar tissue. He'll be even faster and sound awesome.

45 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I agree, they will hold on to him till they see a healthy Wentz, then they will unload him for a 1st to a team that has lost its starter to injury, even the Packers.

Archived