Watching Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewater

vike daddy

Many people were surprised by Denver’s decision to trade for quarterback Joe Flacco, but none were more surprised than quarterback Case Keenum.

Keenum: “Elway called me that morning and we had a great conversation, which he didn’t have to do — I appreciated that. It was definitely a shock. It was a surprise for us. For us, we’re definitely disappointed. It’s not something we wanted to happen. I know everybody is doing their job and John feels like it was a chance to help the Broncos out. It’s really open-ended right now [if I leave Denver], we don’t know what’s going to happen. This is still very fresh. A lot of these emotions we’re talking about are still going on and still happening. Who knows what’s going to be in store? I don’t, for sure.”

However it plays out, Keenum will make at least $7 million this year. Which means that, if Keenum is released, a new team could sign Keenum for at or near the six-figure league minimum, putting the Broncos on the hook for the rest.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/case-keenum-was-shocked-by-trade-for-joe-flacco/

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Also, Albright isn’t one who speculates. When he tweets something, it’s usually got legs. 

What?  And then they'll draft Kyler Murray and trade Josh Rosen?  It may have legs, but it would just further reinforce my belief that the Cardinals are going back to being the mess of an organization they were pre-Larry Fitzgerald...and they may as well just fold up shop and relegate them to the AAF.