Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

Just now, Ketchup said:

Lol I really hope Gute knows what he’s going because there was no way that wasn’t being matched. What was the point? 

looks like the point was to help the Bears out by negotiating a pretty damn good extension for them with their #1 CB. Essentially a 2yr deal with $18 million guaranteed for a 26 yr old coming off a breakout season. Bears must be thrilled

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's a good point, but... *TRIED. 

I respect Gute for trying, but I feel like if you're not going to go all out on something like this, it hurts you more than helps you.  It helped the Bears.  Made them lock up a good corner for four years on a good deal. 

If it was a better attempt or if it hurt the Bears more, good move, but I don't think it was a good attempt, and I don't like the outcome. 

I really don’t get it. There was really no chance Bears weren’t matching that. We just did the leg work on negotiating a contract for a division rival and got nothing out of it, at least not that I can see. 

Just now, Ketchup said:

I really don’t get it. There was really no chance Bears weren’t matching that. We just did the leg work on negotiating a contract for a division rival and got nothing out of it, at least not that I can see. 

I'd even go so far as to say it worked out to be a negative. Surely he could have guaranteed more. I mean I have no clue about contracts, but it's essentially a 2 year deal at 9 per. 

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

looks like the point was to help the Bears out by negotiating a pretty damn good extension for them with their #1 CB. Essentially a 2yr deal with $18 million guaranteed for a 26 yr old coming off a breakout season. Bears must be thrilled

Sort of.

The negotiations hit an impasse and Chicago wasn't willing to go any higher per the comments from Arkush at Pro Football Weekly. So in comes the offer sheet from GB and suddenly the bears move off of their number and land on Fullers number.

Packers couldn't offer some ape**** deal, because the bears could just say OK, he's yours and the Packers would be stuck with it

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Sort of.

The negotiations hit an impasse and Chicago wasn't willing to go any higher per the comments from Arkush at Pro Football Weekly. So in comes the offer sheet from GB and suddenly the bears move off of their number and land on Fullers number.

Packers couldn't offer some ape**** deal, because the bears could just say OK, he's yours and the Packers would be stuck with it

I guess I'm thinking about the vast cap space GB has in the next couple years and thinking we could have eaten more of a guarantee there. 

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Sort of.

So they offered 1m in guarantees per year more than his tag? He went from 13m guaranteed on a one year deal, to 18 on 4.

Gute pretty much held Pace's hand, too him up to the batters box and set the ball on the tee for him. There's a difference between a crazy deal and just giving your division rival a steal of a contract for a nice young player.

Horrible GM work.

Archived