All abouts the wideouts

Klomp

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

I somewhat feel bad for him that this happened in a game where he caught his first career touchdown passes. But no one cares about that anymore.

It took him until his third year to get that first TD. That's why that TD has been forgotten. Just seems irrelevant or an anomaly and the drops reinforced that belief.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Did Kirk Cousins recommend him?  He was a 6th rd pick of Washington's in 2011 and spent 4 years with them...but I have absolutely no idea who he is.  

I've heard the name, but that's about it. Followed little Shanahan around for a few years, from Washington to Atlanta to San Francisco.

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Aldrick Robinson: "We’re going to see how he does and how he performs in practice and go from there. (Kirk) Cousins was with him before and he really liked him. He’s a fast guy who makes some deep-ball plays and Kirk throws a great deep ball."

from Tomasson

Sounds like Kirk gave somewhat of a recommendation

15 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I figured that they'd go after a Possesion WR to replace Treadwell. Diggs and Robinson on the outside gives us a lot of deep speed.

Thielen and Rudolph are going to be the possession guys most of the time.

Over the past two seasons, Aldrick Robinson has played all 16 games for Atlanta and San Francisco, respectively, and made one start with each team. Robinson totaled 39 catches for 583 yards (14.9 yards per catch) and four touchdowns over that time. His longest catches of those seasons were 59 yards and 45 yards for the Falcons and 49ers, respectively.

Listed at 5-foot-10 and 185 pounds, Robinson isn’t the biggest receiver out there but likely is among the fastest. Robinson tied for the fourth-fastest time in the 40-yard dash at the 2011 NFL Scouting Combine. He clocked in at 4.43 seconds along with Leonard Hankerson and Torrey Smith. Falcons receiver Julio Jones finished just ahead at 4.39. A former track star, Robinson also finished in the top 10 in the vertical jump (40 inches), broad jump (10 feet, 6 inches), 3-cone drill (6.65 seconds), and 20-yard shuttle (4.09 seconds).

https://www.vikings.com/news/5-things-to-know-about-vikings-wr-aldrick-robinson?sf197867756=1

Robinson's speed and catching ability could help from the slot position as well.  Together with Diggs, Thielen, and Cook coming out of the backfield, that's a lot of options, and requires a lot of DB and linebacker coverage, and makes it difficult to cover for all that, plus the run, as well.  But, I think they should try out Zylstra as a possession receiver, plus they have tight ends for that.

Archived