Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

Just now, NormSizedMidget said:

So why do these hacks keep reporting that... I hate all these reporters.. They are all just talentless idiots.

They're not even coherent points. This hack is trying to use some comment at the combine Gute maybe made about previous regime draft ideals and mindlessly apply it to veteran free agency under Gutes leadership.

I have no idea why people even pay it any attention.

Step one: hack writes mindless drivel

Step two: someone repeats it

Step three: someone says "if this is true yada yada"

Step four: everyone now thinks it's true

Step five: Mob mentality ensues and we get people writing manifestos against the FO and "triumverates" and other nonsense.

This happens without fail constantly lol

Alterraun Verner was an incredible slot player a few years ago. Wouldn’t mind kicking the tires there.

im frankly sick of talking about corners because its felt like a waste of time each time another got signed we spent hours on.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Guy can't play outside, he's slow af. I'd try the S/slot combo but not even sure he has enough twich (remember him trying to cover Beasley) and its not like hes a big hitter or tackler needed to play safety. All in all, Rollins imo has played much of his career looking like a 6th rd pick, not a 2. If the Packers could afford to let him walk, I would have done it already. A lot of people are not as down on him as I am, but I just don't see him fitting in given his limited athleticism, even absent his serious injury problems.

I tend to agree on playing outside. Although, it sounds like we're playing more of a press man scheme. More to Rollins strengths. Looking at his combine testing his issue seems to be more his long speed. He was explosive in his jumps which leads me to believe he has the burst to play the slot. I think with his plus ball skills, willingness to tackle, and due to his lack for long speed the Randall "Star" role would be ideal. Heck, maybe that was part of why we were so willing to move Randall in the first place. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They're not even coherent points. This hack is trying to use some comment at the combine Gute maybe made about previous regime draft ideals and mindlessly apply it to veteran free agency under Gutes leadership.

I have no idea why people even pay it any attention.

Step one: hack writes mindless drivel

Step two: someone repeats it

Step three: someone says "if this is true yada yada"

Step four: everyone now thinks it's true

Step five: Mob mentality ensues and we get people writing manifestos against the FO and "triumverates" and other nonsense.

This happens without fail constantly lol

I watched NFL Network a bunch this week at work. I wanted to hurl at half the **** they said. They literally know less about the game than half the people that post regularly on here. I don't get how they get these jobs... Oh and if you're a gorgeous blonde you're automatically qualified for that channel. It's disgusting

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Alterraun Verner was an incredible slot player a few years ago. Wouldn’t mind kicking the tires there.

im frankly sick of talking about corners because its felt like a waste of time each time another got signed we spent hours on.

Verner just signed with someone else. 

1 minute ago, Lieker said:

I tend to agree on playing outside. Although, it sounds like we're playing more of a press man scheme. More to Rollins strengths. Looking at his combine testing his issue seems to be more his long speed. He was explosive in his jumps which leads me to believe he has the burst to play the slot. I think with his plus ball skills, willingness to tackle, and due to his lack for long speed the Randall "Star" role would be ideal. Heck, maybe that was part of why we were so willing to move Randall in the first place. 

If Rollins is our plan....

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

You'd be right and Gute wasnt looking at it that way IMO. Why? Cause there was tons of NFL level tape on the guy. He'd shown he could stick - on the NFL playing field.

Yeah it makes no sense once they've proven they can play, yes huge guys on them present a mismatch but they've proven they can handle the NFL

I don't think it's worth bringing up the standards as much as they have.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I watched NFL Network a bunch this week at work. I wanted to hurl at half the **** they said. They literally know less about the game than half the people that post regularly on here. I don't get how they get these jobs... Oh and if you're a gorgeous blonde you're automatically qualified for that channel. It's disgusting

People just love drama and want to be miserable let I guess. I don't get it.

It seems like everyone feels the least likely option is that thoughtful, talented, motivated people are making hard decisions while weighing a billion factors vs party boys playing a video game are throwing schit at the wall to see what sticks ha

Archived