Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You mean picked up the phone and called Dorsey?

No, cheated, somehow. Keep up squire. Probably hacked their computers to see the file they were  gonna submit for releases, then call  them  before they submitted it. Note even kidding, probably real.

8 minutes ago, jleisher said:

Could he be switched to S?  Talking about Revis.  

I have little doubt that if Revis wanted to play safety he could. I just don't think you're going to get player buy in for that move. Think it's more likely you get  retirement than a switch into that role.

Revis has always been an otherworldly talent even back to Pittsburgh. Revis is the only defender the Jets ever graded completely green across the board: Athleticism, man, zone, press, run D, tackling, play recognition, return ability, off the field, leadership, etc.

The legs are gone, but the rest is still there. If you can put him in a spot where he doesn't have to trust that deep speed, he can still play. I just don't think the ego will let him. 

21 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

No, cheated, somehow. Keep up squire. Probably hacked their computers to see the file they were  gonna submit for releases, then call  them  before they submitted it. Note even kidding, probably real.

Russian hackers probably 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm just thinking out loud here. If I had to ask myself which position we're deepest in I would say RB. In which case Montgomery could be a tradable asset.

What RB needy teams out there could in theory would be interested in Montgomery in exchange for a corner?

One example I can think of right away is the Giants. Their RB group isn't very good and they clearly want an upgrade there. They have a shot at Barkley but I believe what they really want is to get their next franchise QB. If we dangle Montgomery and a mid to late round draft pick we might have a shot at getting Eli Apple.

I know we got rid of a locker room cancer but we're at a situation now where we might have to swallow our pride and bring in another known locker room cancer and hope that the change of scenery would do him good.

Of course it's just one example. Can you guys suggest other options?

I'd make that trade in a second but I don't think Monty has much if any trade value.  I'd imagine that most teams view him as a WR instead of a RB.  He looks like a science project that went terribly wrong.  

I   don't think we've got many tradable pieces that aren't valuable to us.  Might be able to find a team that like a guy like Kyler Fackrell coming out of college and get a pick (New England has traded picks for those types of players on multiple occasions)

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The 5 CBS guys have Ward going 13th, 4th, 8th, 14th, and 7th at the moment. Obviously that's not gospel, but assuming Ward is going to reach us seems presumptuous. 

At least one GM/owner is gonna draft some guy nobody thinks is worth a top 10 pick and another will reach for a QB before our turn is up.  It happens every year.  And if not we do have some extra picks to try to move up so ya never know.  Man, if you read some of the posts around here you would think we were still picking in the 20s.

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

At least one GM/owner is gonna draft some guy nobody thinks is worth a top 10 pick and another will reach for a QB before our turn is up.  It happens every year.  And if not we do have some extra picks to try to move up so ya never know.  Man, if you read some of the posts around here you would think we were still picking in the 20s.

Nobody has denied that we can move up. How much will it cost to move up though? If they decide to move up to get him then we probably need to address some of our other needs through FA. This team has more issues than just the CB position (pass rush/WR).

14 hours ago, cooters22 said:

How about you open up the website for us. Man I hate when people post private forumn crap.

Yea, I don't know what happened there. I definitely don't have a subscription to anything. The very next post was me fixing the link.

Two more CBs I'm not sure we have mentioned much are Sean Smith and Pierre Desir. Both are long, big CBs that you'd think would interest GB. Smith is coming off a down year but prior to that sigbed a huge deal with Oakland after a solid campaign with KC. Desir isnt a shutdown guy but played played pretty solid with Indy last yeat and is probably pretty cheap.

Edit** I knew Smith had assault charges but now it looks like he took a plea thay includes jail time. So...probably not available to play haha.

17 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I think Holton Hill will be in play for our 3rd round pick. That's probably the earliest they'd look to take him.

Meh, I'd probably wait until our 4th round pick.  Like where your head is at though.

4 hours ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Nobody has denied that we can move up. How much will it cost to move up though? If they decide to move up to get him then we probably need to address some of our other needs through FA. This team has more issues than just the CB position (pass rush/WR).

That's my problem.  To make any kind of meaningful move up, you're giving up a Day 2 pick.  If you combined ALL of our Day 3 picks and packaged them with our 1st round pick, it moves you up to around the 10th overall pick.  And that's assuming that the team moving down was willing to accept that kind of deal, which is highly unlikely.  The most recent situation to the Packers situation was back in 2016 when the Titans traded their 1st round pick (15th), 3rd round pick (76th), and a 2017 2nd to move up to the Browns pick (8th) and 6th round pick (176th).  To me, that's an overpay and not worth that kind of move up the board.  Going back to 2013, the Rams traded their 1st round pick (16th), 2nd round pick (46th), 3rd round pick (78th), and 7th round pick to Buffalo for their 1st round pick (8th) and 3rd round pick (71st).  Sounds like it'll take either their 2nd this year or a 3rd this year and a future pick to move up.

Archived