Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I just stand pat, take the EDGE at 14 and take whoever falls between Oliver, Hughes, Alexander and Davis at 45. If we get wind that they all may go before 45, make a play to move up. Preferably for Carlton Davis. He checks all the boxes. 

Yes edge at #14. We need to draft Clays successor. I don't want to lose a second round pick for Ward. Grab the best available vet corner then load up on pass rushers. 

2 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

I just stand pat, take the EDGE at 14 and take whoever falls between Oliver, Hughes, Alexander and Davis at 45. If we get wind that they all may go before 45, make a play to move up. Preferably for Carlton Davis. He checks all the boxes.

That's where my feelings are as well.  As much as I love Denzel Ward, I don't feel confident in that third tier of pass rushers.  The difference between Harold Landry/Marcus Daveport and Ogbo Okoronkwo/Lorenzo Carter is bigger than the difference between Denzel Ward and Isaiah Oliver/Carlton Davis.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's where my feelings are as well.  As much as I love Denzel Ward, I don't feel confident in that third tier of pass rushers.  The difference between Harold Landry/Marcus Daveport and Ogbo Okoronkwo/Lorenzo Carter is bigger than the difference between Denzel Ward and Isaiah Oliver/Carlton Davis.

Coming out of this draft with Landry and Davis would be a major win. 

Its pretty simple for me. Resign House and Burnett. Consider DRC. 

RD1-Edge (Landry)

RD2-CB (Hugues, Davis, Oliver...Whoever falls. There doesn't seem to be a consensus where a lot of these CB's fall. Undoubtedly some will "fall")

Use our 3rd, and 4th to move back into RD2 and draft a WR. (My favorite is Michael Gallup).

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I will be so mad if Pipkins turns into Shields 2.0 because I adopted him in his first preseason game because of his swagger and then I freaked out all offseason about our lack of addressing the CB position.  I'll be remembered for the latter, not the former. 

Quoted for the lols. xD

1 hour ago, DocHambone said:

Its pretty simple for me. Resign House and Burnett. Consider DRC. 

RD1-Edge (Landry)

RD2-CB (Hugues, Davis, Oliver...Whoever falls. There doesn't seem to be a consensus where a lot of these CB's fall. Undoubtedly some will "fall")

Use our 3rd, and 4th to move back into RD2 and draft a WR. (My favorite is Michael Gallup).

As much as I like Gallup, I’d sit with the 3rd and 4th. That would allow me to get 2 WR’s instead of 1. 

Cedric Wilson, Darius Fountain, D Hamilton, EQ St. Brown, Gallup, Pettis, Burnett, Chark (doubt), Lazard, Tate, Washington, Ateman, Jaleel Scott. 

These are just a few who could make it to the 3rd and 4th round. Use an extra 5th if needed to move. 

8 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

As much as I like Gallup, I’d sit with the 3rd and 4th. That would allow me to get 2 WR’s instead of 1. 

Cedric Wilson, Darius Fountain, D Hamilton, EQ St. Brown, Gallup, Pettis, Burnett, Chark (doubt), Lazard, Tate, Washington, Ateman, Jaleel Scott. 

These are just a few who could make it to the 3rd and 4th round. Use an extra 5th if needed to move. 

Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of reason to make a move up the board to draft a WR unless someone starts to fall.  I think there's a lot of similarly graded WRs in this year's draft. I don't think anyone has really separated themselves.

26 minutes ago, Golfman said:

A great pass rush will cover average to slightly below average CB's. It doesn't quite work the other way around as well. Nobody can cover for ever, but most should be able to do a reasonable job for 2 - 2.5 seconds. 

If we draft Landry, our pass rush could be pretty darn good as well with our D-line, Perry and Clay.

41 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If we draft Landry, our pass rush could be pretty darn good as well with our D-line, Perry and Clay.

I wouldnt argue with Landry as long as we do something yet in FA at CB that doesnt simply include resigning House. The thought of King-House-2nd rounder-Rollins as our 1-4 going into camp makes me want to just skip to the 2019 offseason. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I wouldnt argue with Landry as long as we do something yet in FA at CB that doesnt simply include resigning House. The thought of King-House-2nd rounder-Rollins as our 1-4 going into camp makes me want to just skip to the 2019 offseason. 

Let me ask you this, do you think Harold Landry or Denzel Ward has a bigger impact on the defense IF you view them as similarly graded prospects?

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I would still be scared of our secondary, but I really think our pass rush would be able to make up for their deficiencies. I’d honestly want House and another vet.

Archived