Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And TB.

The problem is you can't rely on him. He's a perfect #4, except that he can't play inside. 

I'd love to have House back on the 2mil deal he signed last year. Get a guy like McCourty and draft a guy in the second round. Run with McCourty/King/Rookie/House

Not great but it's not bleeding anymore. 

McCourty? Is that Jason McCourty? Browns traded him to the Patriots for a 6th rd pick.

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And TB.

The problem is you can't rely on him. He's a perfect #4, except that he can't play inside. 

I'd love to have House back on the 2mil deal he signed last year. Get a guy like McCourty and draft a guy in the second round. Run with McCourty/King/Rookie/House

Not great but it's not bleeding anymore. 

Did the McCourty deal with NE not go through?

Patriots always seem to pull out some **** like that. McCourty was literally announced as being released, so while everyone else was probably waiting to negotiate with the guy they call the Browns right before the contract gets shredded and work a cheap *** deal. I hate them with my entire being. 

I don't want to sell the farm for Ward, I rather save our draft capital to move around later. Pressure makes an average CB look good. If we can add a few Edge guys like Davenport at 14 and someone in the 3rd we would have a scary pass rush. Daniels and Mo on the inside, Perry and Davenport on the Edge, Clay coming up the middle. That's too many guys to block. Heck any CB would shine with that pass rush. We can get a good CB in the 2nd, let's just grab the best available FA CB and hit the draft. All of the of CB's minus Fuller that we lost out on in FA weren't drafted in the top 10. Drafting a CB in the top 10 doesn't guarantee success, ala Justin Gilbert, Dee Milliner, both out the leauge.

really not much we can do. this FA corner class wasn't super strong. best is to grab a couple vets like house and ? and then draft a couple with premium picks. then hope someone has a breakout camp as well.

obviously a lot to ask for, but can only play the hand your dealt. still don't think trading randall changed much.

18 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

really not much we can do. this FA corner class wasn't super strong. best is to grab a couple vets like house and ? and then draft a couple with premium picks. then hope someone has a breakout camp as well.

obviously a lot to ask for, but can only play the hand your dealt. still don't think trading randall changed much.

I am not sure I can agree with the bolded.   As far as FA groups go, I thought the CB group was pretty strong.  There were a lot of players that should be good starters.

18 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

haven't seen leonard johnson mentioned but he's a nice little guy 

Not sure he would fit the height threshold.

Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 5097
Weight: 196
40 Yrd Dash: 4.71
20 Yrd Dash: 2.73
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 32
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.15
3-Cone Drill: 6.96

4 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The thought of Rollins in the slot trying to cover the Cole Beasley types makes me want to puke. 

Not a fan myself, but I could see a situation where we'd man up on him and physically beat him up. He's no Wes Welker and gets his when left all alone or matched up in man against a slower CB. 

If Holton Hill didn't have some character and commitment questions, I'd be all over him. 6'2", physical, ran a 4.49 40 with a 6.83 3-cone. 

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Patriots always seem to pull out some **** like that. McCourty was literally announced as being released, so while everyone else was probably waiting to negotiate with the guy they call the Browns right before the contract gets shredded and work a cheap *** deal. I hate them with my entire being. 

They probably cheated to do it.

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not a fan myself, but I could see a situation where we'd man up on him and physically beat him up. He's no Wes Welker and gets his when left all alone or matched up in man against a slower CB. 

If Holton Hill didn't have some character and commitment questions, I'd be all over him. 6'2", physical, ran a 4.49 40 with a 6.83 3-cone. 

I think Holton Hill will be in play for our 3rd round pick. That's probably the earliest they'd look to take him.

Archived