Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

With Ward's height, I'm not so sure he's the "lock" people are making him out to be.

Maybe you’re right but given OSU’s recent success at putting great CBs in the NFL, his athletic measurables and his great production in college I’m not sure an inch or inch and a half is gonna matter a ton to NFL teams. While he’s short, he’s not thin. 

5 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

really don't think it will take half our draft to move up. the worst thing we'd prolly lose is a 3rd and a 5th, which i just don't think is worth losing sleep over. we have two 4ths, two 5ths, and 12 selections overall at the moment. think we could even trade the top pick in the 5th for two 5ths/one 5th, early 6th (or something of that nature) if we want to get a pick back.

it might not even take a 3rd, but rather a 4th and a 5th if it's only 2-3 picks up. value chart always has it's limitations. 

i'm not a prospect evaluating expert, but if you really like ward as a prospect, that's a no brainer imo. 

I think you are underestimating what it will take to get into the top 10. The Jets just had to give up three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots (from 6 up to 3). I dont Know but I’d imagine that we’d need to give up at least our 2nd and 3rd, possibly more. Would be a crippling trade considering the significant number of glaring holes this team currently has. 

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I had a nightmare we drafted Maurice Hurst at 14 last night and while I know it’s a long shot, the slight chance of it actually being a reality in any way is enough on its own.

LOVE the player, would be a nightmare pick for our current situation. 

1 hour ago, IrishGreen said:

I think ward goes 9th or 10th.

no way he goes above allen, darnold, rosen, mayfield, barkley, chubb, or nelson imo. then it becomes more wild card. if he's there at 9 or 10, i have no problem giving up that package.

It does mean they'll have to address some of the other needs through FA. We can't expect to move up to get Ward and still have enough draft picks left to address all our other needs. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

For some reason I feel like if we don't get DRC we will have House and King as our starters this year.

Given what’s left, you are probably right. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if Tramon isn’t added as well.  The result will likely be Green Bay not competing for a Super Bowl. 

Terrible, veteran miminimum CBs aren’t the answer and that is exactly what House is (Tramon as well). A bottom of the roster player caliber of player who’s got no upside and would make 99% of the teams in the league.

I don’t the answer for CB is to go older, slower and less athletic. 

30 minutes ago, SSG said:

I think you are underestimating what it will take to get into the top 10. The Jets just had to give up three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots (from 6 up to 3). I dont Know but I’d imagine that we’d need to give up at least our 2nd and 3rd, possibly more. Would be a crippling trade considering the significant number of glaring holes this team currently has. 

I think you're underestimating that the NYJs are the ***** of The East. They get taken regularly

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

This is absolutely true, but the fact remains we have very little talent at all and you can only polish up a turd so much. 

Hawkins, Pipkins and Waters are all undrafted free agents with little or no experience in the NFL.  We cannot rely on them. 

Idk.... when I polish a turd it really shines

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd take our bigs over theirs any day. Perry and Matthews I'd take over Graham and Curry, they just had Long and Barnett after that. An older vet and a high pick. Two things easy for us to add to the pass rush.

Best DL guy:

Daniels - Cox  Cox easily

Best DL Pass rusher:

WIlkerson- Cox Cox easily

Best Bigs:

Clark - Ngata Clark

Daniels- Ngata Daniels

Best Big Duo:

Daniels/Clark - Ngata/Cox  Ngata/Cox

Best 3T:

Wilkerson - Jernigan Jernigan easily

Best 3:

Clark/Daniels/Wilkerson - Cox/Jernigan/Ngata: Cox/Jernigan/Ngata easily

Pass Rushers:

Daniels/Wilkerson/Lowry - Cox/Jernigan/Bennett  LOLOL

Sub Rushers:

Wilkerson/Lowry/Perry - Cox/Bennett/Graham LOLOLOLOL

Should we even do the edge?  

Perry/matthews/Biegel/Gilbert vs Bennett/Graham/Barnett/Long  No, no we shouldn't even do it.

Archived