Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

Albert Breer released his 4th mock, in which he has Allen going #1, Barkley #2, and Darnold #3. 

Mentioned this the other day with the hype of Allen going 1 and Giants beat reporters saying the Giants are sold on Barkley

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

I can't believe Allen is going to go #1. That makes no sense. The dude is literally the biggest question mark and doesn't offer more upside than the rest. I think they all have a similar ceiling, but Allen absolutely has the lowest floor.

Allen fits the mold of both a Dorsey and Haley QB more so than anyone in the draft though. If they want to make that mistake, let them :D

I can't believe Allen is going to go #1. That makes no sense. The dude is literally the biggest question mark and doesn't offer more upside than the rest. I think they all have a similar ceiling, but Allen absolutely has the lowest floor.

Hands down highest upside though. With Wentz looking great... it makes teams intrigued by these big body, strong arm, Small school QBs.

Allen does offer more upside then  any of the QBs in this draft.  He is the biggest, most arm strength and is mobile.  He does have the the lowest floor,  I agree.

GMs can get fixated on the upside though.  I hope he goes 1 and Barkley 2 though ... lol

56 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Allen fits the mold of both a Dorsey and Haley QB more so than anyone in the draft though. If they want to make that mistake, let them :D

Is this real? I know it's been heavily speculated that Cleveland can go Allen, but has anything come out that the Browns have made their decision?

I don't get it either. I think the other guys have an equally high ceiling and it's more likely that those guys actually reach their ceiling. 

I have a hard time believing Allen goes 1st too. I get all reasons to think he's got high potential  but it's a big projection.If he's not ready to play by year two ala Hack, people will get fired again.

As for the Giants, I doubt they'd take Barkley at two, just based on the options likely available to them in round two at RB. If I were betting on it, I'd put money on them either taking Darnold if available,  or trading back a few spots and taking Chubb) Barkley)  Nelson. 

2 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

I have a hard time believing Allen goes 1st too. I get all reasons to think he's got high potential  but it's a big projection.If he's not ready to play by year two ala Hack, people will get fired again.

As for the Giants, I doubt they'd take Barkley at two, just based on the options likely available to them in round two at RB. If I were betting on it, I'd put money on them either taking Darnold if available,  or trading back a few spots and taking Chubb) Barkley)  Nelson. 

I've been kind of brushing it off because it's so hard to believe. I mean even the upside is questionable to me. If Allen's upside is Wentz and Rosen's upside is Matt Ryan, how much valuable is Wentz vs. Ryan? There upside is about the same. Just different types of QBs. But how likely is Allen to becoming Wetnz and how likely is Rosen to becoming Ryan? I think Rosen is likelier to actually hit his ceiling.

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I've been kind of brushing it off because it's so hard to believe. I mean even the upside is questionable to me. If Allen's upside is Wentz and Rosen's upside is Matt Ryan, how much valuable is Wentz vs. Ryan? There upside is about the same. Just different types of QBs. But how likely is Allen to becoming Wetnz and how likely is Rosen to becoming Ryan? I think Rosen is likelier to actually hit his ceiling.

If Rosen is Leaf and Allen is Ken Obrien then who is Tom Brady?

53 minutes ago, jetfan8178 said:

If Rosen(2018) is Leaf (1998) and Allen (2018)  is Ken Obrien (1983) then who is Tom Brady?

2018-1998= 20

2018-1983= 35

2000- x = 40    x=1960

crappy QB drafted in 1960....? 

Ahhh Richie Lucas????

trying to follow some sort of logic... 

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I find it hard to believe anything right now. I think guys are simply trying to get out ahead of the pack so they can gain some "credibility."

This whole thing is getting crazy, you are correct I also don't believe anything right now. In nine days we will all know what players goes 1, 2, 3, in the draft. This topic has been so over analyzed it is getting insane.

Archived